Wednesday 30 March 2022

Wednesday

 Good morning!
Well, the lovely weather has well and truly gone away.  It was raining yesterday evening and it is still raining now.  It feels a lot colder and my heating is turned up a bit.  We're supposed to be having a little bit of sleet overnight tonight but, thankfully, nothing worse.

Yesterday morning was really busy.  I got a message from Alex asking if I could get a few more things and saying would I stay for a cuppa and a chat.  That was big for him because, being autistic, he's very big on rules and he has his pretty rigid 'covid rules'.  He must have been sure that I posed no 'danger' to him - or less than he in in at the moment anyway.

The shopping took longer than I expected so I was later home, had to put everything away, let Al know I would be late over, go over, etc.
Our chat was much longer than I expected but that was fine, it was a really good chat.  The poor chap was feeling really overwhelmed with it all plus the responsibility of looking after his mum, etc.  He's not in any way incapable but the autism does complicate things considerably.  The chat moved on and we 'explored' a number of things on his mind so I'm really glad I went.

All of the above is a long winded way of explaining why I never got to Greenwoods.  Disappointing, but I have another 'slot' of time tomorrow!

Today is another reasonably busy day.  
I've already made my breakfast in advance plus macaroni cheese and vegetables to take round to Beth and Alex - everything just needs warming up so that's easily done.
In a while, the garden company person is coming to look at what I want and give me a quote.
Then I need to go back to Morrisons as Beth asked could I get some cat food which they forgot to put on their internet order.
Things settle for a while but I have washing and drying (no chance on line drying today) and a house to tidy up a bit.
Later in the afternoon, I'm off round to Lindsey's for my personal training session.
No chance of getting bored today, is there.    :-)

Stay warm and dry, everyone.  What are your plans for today?



14 comments:

  1. You have a special relationship with Alex and it's wonderful that he feels comfortable discussing his concerns with you like that.

    Which Ninja model did you treat yourself to? Because you said you'd cooked chips in it I thought it may be an airfryer but you already have one of those, so I'm confused. Or has the original airfryer gone? I'm a bit of a sucker for gadgets as well and would have a lot more if my kitchen was bigger! 😂 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a dual zone - it does actifry bit it does other things as well. Yes, I already have an actifry - I was very, very naughty!!
      I've already made some muffins in it this morning and I've found a Yorkshire pud recipe for Sunday.
      I think I am going to have fun.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Mornin' Joy. Blimmin cold and wet here today so definitely not a washing day. Please can I have one of your muffins, I'm sure it would be lovely with my morning coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to share but I doubt I'd get to you in time for breakfast!!
      xx

      Delete
  3. What a precious relationship you have with Alex, so good that he is able to initiate and seek advice from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another busy mum day.. but isn't it lovely you're near enough to help. Greenwoods will always be there.
    I'm using my original blog as I couldn't fix the other one.
    Hope you can follow this one. www.alwayssmiling24.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, it doesn't like the incompatibility between something and something else. I've changed the name to match the URL and it was happy about that. I'll need to see if it now updates. xx

      Delete
    2. what about this?
      https://alwayssmiling24.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    3. OK, I have put that in as a separate link rather than changing anything. I'll work out what needs deleting another time. After you update your blog, fingers crossed it updates here too. xx

      Delete
  5. I am glad that Alex wanted to talk to you. It is nice that he trusts that you are not a danger and wonderful that you share your time with him.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a very lovely young man . . . I'm so proud of him.
      xx

      Delete
  6. It must be reassuring to know that Alex feels he can trust you when he needs some assistance. And it's great that you were able to help. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. It is heartwarming. xx

      Delete