Monday 7 May 2012

Ooops, oh dear and mmmmmmm . . .

On my eating plan today I have roasted rhubarb.  I've never roasted rhubarb before but all the comments on the BBC Good Food site were very positive so I thought I'd give it a go on the basis that however it turned out it would taste good.
So I cut up the rhubarb (still waiting for some from DD's allotment, hint, hint, cough, cough), tossed it in the sugar in a roasting dish, covered it with foil, put it in the oven with every intention of taking it out fifteen minutes later and . . . er . . . forgot about it (I blame the knitting).  When I remembered it had 'roasted' down to a delicious mush instead of still holding its shape.  Ooooops.

I looked in the fridge and found last week's home made yogurt.  Now, this last week has been something of a food disaster and the lovely, healthy home made yogurt hasn't been touched.  Oh, dear, I thought it would probably be 'over' by now.  However, I tasted and, to my satisfaction, it had reached that point where it's actually very creamy with the initial slight 'tang' gone.  In fact, very tasty indeed!  So I hastily spooned it into a vacu container and vacupacked it.  That'll keep it going.

But before I did that I spooned a bit of the rhubarb into a ramekin dish, covered it with the yogurt and  . . . mmmmmmmmmmm. 

So not a disaster after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment