Wednesday 23 February 2022

Wednesday

 Morning, everyone.  To my great delight and an almost unheard of event, I slept until half past seven this morning.  I cannot remember the last time I slept until then.  It was actually light when I woke which was lovely!  The skies are clear, the air still, the sun is shining and we have a sparkling frost.  Simply gorgeous, it is.  < happy sigh >

Yesterday turned out really nice.  We did get some sunshine plus a few light showers and it was so mild earlier on.  Very April like, in fact.

I went out to Morrisons and got the few things I needed and, after breakfast, I decided to do a bit of window shopping (looking but probably not buying).  Ha ha!  
First stop was HomeSense where they had a lot of Easter plastic stuff as well as the usual.  Then on to nearby Matalan where I discovered they are into long line T shirts/tops, just the sort of thing I have been looking for to wear over leggings/jeggings.  So, yes, I did!!

And then on to Home Bargains and Poundland (or is it Pound Savers?  Can't remember, better check) where I got a few bits and bobs - another multi socket plug and a shampoo bar.  I've heard a lot about the latter but have never used one - they're supposed to be very good and leave your hair really nice so I though I'd give it a go.

Then I saw some very likely looking square glass jars with bamboo lids in Poundland/Savers - I like square jars as they don't waste so much space - but I wasn't totally sure they would fit in the space I have in mind, so I just got two.  They do fit so I will be popping back today for some more.

Home again and I had a late lunch before settling down to some of the other stuff.   I didn't get it all done so I will have to continue with that over the next few days.  I've just had a message from Alex who is now coming round this morning and I have personal training.  So a nice, not-too-busy day to keep me out of too much mischief.

And the sun is still shining!

Stay safe and well, everyone, and have a great day.  xx


It's neither Poundland or Pound Savers, it's Pound Stretchers.


8 comments:

  1. Good to see the sun this morning and very blue sky - hope it lasts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - it really does make me feel happy. xx

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of those jars. I must see if I can find any near here. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them very much. I stripped the shelf today and will go back next week to see if there are any more. Fingers crossed, eh?

      Delete
  3. How big are the jars please? I'm looking for some for spices but am not having much luck so far.

    I hope you enjoyed your time with Alex and have generally had a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're too big for spice jars but they did have some much smaller ones and I did um and ah about getting some for spices. Next time I go, I will take a look and do a bit of an estimate a measure. However, there are some on Amazon - let's see if I can find the link for you to copy and paste . . .

      Yes, there's these which are round, not square. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lawei-Bamboo-Cereal-Storage-Container/dp/B08D6CM8PP/ref=sr_1_20?crid=33OPQ0EM0CHA7&keywords=square+glass+storage+jars+with+bamboo+lids&qid=1645652588&s=kitchen&sprefix=%2Ckitchen%2C212&sr=1-20

      xx

      Delete
  4. Glad you were able to sleep later! I'm having trouble sleeping lately. I do okay getting to sleep but come about 3am I'm wide awake.

    ReplyDelete