Wednesday 16 February 2022

Diane

 Today I received some terribly sad news.

All my regular readers, especially those who comment, will 'know' Diane.

I've known her, via the internet, for many years.  I first 'met' her on Weight Loss Resources in the message section, where she started a daily thread called 'Good Morning, Early Readers'.  As I was an early reader, we soon had a running challenge as to who would be awake first.

She got to her target weight on WLR and, after a while, moved on, starting a blog which she called the same name, Good Morning, Early Readers.  I followed her, she followed me and thus started what were very much daily comments for us both.  The name has changed over the years but the style, never.

I know that some of you also started following her too and enjoyed her funny, brave, witty comments about life in general, including food, dogs, her lovely garden, rugby, crafting and the outdoor life, following her ups and down with enjoyment or, occasionally, with sympathy.  She was always up for new things - I remember when she went in for bee keeping for  while and even produced some of her own honey - and she always gave as good as she got.   She lived an incredibly full life.

She hadn't been well recently, although she was always brave and determined to enjoy life, albeit an increasingly restricted one.  Very sadly, Diane passed away last Friday, probably from cardiac arrest.

I never met Diane in 'real life', but I felt I knew her and I hope she felt the same about me.  I shall miss her blog and her comments so much.  She was a really lovely lady.

My deepest condolences to Denzil, James and her beloved dogs, Dante and Tubby and to her many friends, both local and far off, real and virtual.  We are all very much the poorer now.

Rest in peace, Diane, and thank you.





18 comments:

  1. Joy, I'm so very sorry. Good friends are just that, be it in real life or in blogland, and she was clearly one of yours. You will miss her a lot xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Diane's blog for many years and was so sad to read this morning that she has passed away. She will be missed by many readers. Rest in peace Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading Diane's writing since wlr and I've also felt her a real life friend... Rest in peace, Diane, you will be missed xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear this. Rest in peace, Diane. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to read about your friend Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m sorry to hear about your friend. We really do make lasting connections with our virtual friends, especially those we’ve communicated with for years. Prayers for her family. Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Virtual friends can bring so much enjoyment into our lives. Diane clearly did that for you. May she rest in peace and may you and all those who loved and care for her find solace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad, although we only met virtually I feel that we were good friends and understood each other. I loved reading about her life, always interesting, she lived it to the full and with great humour. I feel bereft. Rest in peace Diane, you will be sorely missed.

    Thank you for your lovely tribute to a dear friend, Joy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear the sad news of your friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear this news, Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for your loss.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear about Diane. What a lovely tribute your post is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much, everyone. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I finally could say it here too. So sorry for your loss Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how sad. I read Diane's blog for a while. Such an interesting life she had.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sad for you today even though I never knew Diane.

    ReplyDelete