Friday 11 February 2022

Friday

 Good morning, everyone!  It's a very chilly start to the day today, which is not surprising.  What was surprising yesterday evening was that I went out to bin something and it was snowing.  It didn't lie, it didn't continue for very long, but most unexpected.

I had a lovely day yesterday.   The sun shone in the morning which was very cheering.  Chris came over for our usual hour of catch up and chatter and, shortly after Chris left, Val turned up .  We had lunch and then went down to Tower Gardens to have a stroll around in the fresh air.  By the end of her visit I was all chatted out!
Really good fun.

Something bitter sweet nice - there's just been an interim distribution of Dad's 'estate' so my bank balance is somewhat healthier at the moment.  It will get moved sideways quickly, of course, it's not all for spending straight away.

Today is Slimming World first thing and then the day's mine until about four when I ought to be home to finish off the meal I'm making when Dave and Anna come round.  It's nothing very fancy; just a cheesy pasta bake with salad, coleslaw and garlic bread and then cheese and fruit for afters.  The longest bit, the bolognaise-y sauce, is all made and just needs reheating after the pasta is cooked.

I think I might go to a few garden centres and see what they've got in for the new season.  The car needs a wash and a top up with petrol.  It will be good to get those done.

It should be a really pleasant day, whatever I eventually decide to do after SW.
All the best and stay warm and safe.  xx

12 comments:

  1. It's very cold here as well, and it looks like I will be needing to defrost the car this morning.
    Enjoy your day! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping by the time I need the car, the frost will be gone. Go safely - I hope the roads are OK.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blue sky morning here and very frosty.
    Enjoy your day and meal with family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue, I'm sure I will have a lovely time. xx

      Delete
  3. Bright sunshine here, and not too cold. Fingers crossed for your SW weigh in, and hope you have a lovely time with Dave and Anna tonight. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely and sunny here too at nearly eleven but the frost is still hanging around in the shadows.
      Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Nithering here today Joy. How was your trip to the garden centre?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't go in the end. Another day. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Very cold here, all the melting on the roads have become ice and very rutted.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the worst time, isn't it? Very treacherous.
      xx

      Delete