Sunday 27 February 2022

Sunday

 Good morning, everyone.  What a gloriously sunny Sunday it is too.  I'm just loving the fine weather we've been having since the storms and if that means frosts, I'm loving them too!

Apologies for this being rather later than usual.  I slept in a bit this morning after a wakeful spell in the night and some rather odd dreams!  Then I did a bit of social mediating before going into the kitchen to get breakfast and dinner prepped.  That's all done now and I will finish this and then vanish upstairs for my bath and to get dressed properly.

Yesterday was pleasant.  I did more cupboard sorting - it's all coming along a treat now although I have had to chuck some very out of date stuff which I feel most guilty about but there you go.  I've obviously got Spring cleaning fever because today, if there's time, I want to tackle the tinned goods and the everything else shelves.  The tinned stuff just needs sorting better but I'm expecting to find more rubbish on the everything else shelf.  I am also giving the shelves a good wipe down as they empty, of course.

I was also pretty naughty - Eileen will appreciate this.  My memories of label makers, Dyno style (is that the right name, Dyno?) are of a very clunky manual sort of stamper machine thingy that produced plastic stick on labels that really were not very pretty, not very even and just - no!  So I looked with no great hopes but, my word, how things have changed.  It's now all electronic and you can get so many different kinds of labels, depending on need.  You can get clear ones (yay!), ones with little pictures on, etc, and the machine itself links to your phone where there's an app to download where you actually 'design' the labels.   
The one think that's irritating me about my new storage system is the horrible handwriting on the labels so - ooops - my clicky finger might have slipped and a label maker might just possibly be arriving tomorrow!

I got all the ironing done which was most satisfying.  I know what you're all going to think but I do rather enjoy ironing and it's a good chance to watch some telly at the same time.

Today, Beth and Alex are round so I've taken a chicken out of the freezer and it's ready in the oven waiting for me to turn on the heat.  

The early daffs are looking lovely so I popped out and snapped a few.  They are such happy, sunny flowers, aren't they?




Well, I'd better get myself moving or I won't be ready for Beth and Alex when they arrive.  Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.  xx

I just need to add something.

I am, of course, like pretty much all of you, worried sick and silly about the situation in the world at the moment.  After all, who wouldn't be?
However, a while ago, I decided that this blog was going to be a positive place, a place where good, pleasant, happy, often small things would be enjoyed and celebrated.

I'm not being blinkered, far from it, but there's an awful lot of worry and misery out there, both far away and closer to home, for many reasons.  We know it's there; we can't escape it.  However, in here, I can focus on the positives, and that I will do as much as I can.

That's all I wanted to say.  Thanks for reading.  xx



16 comments:

  1. I knew you wouldn't be able to resist! Which model did you buy?

    Your daffs look so lovely. I think it'll be another week before mine flower.

    I hope you enjoy your afternoon with B and A xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not knowing anything about them, I just made a random choice and fingers crossed, to be honest. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09NBGXQ8D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      These are early mini-daffs. There's more coning on but, like you, I give them a week or so.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Have a lovely family time, Joy. And thank you for the lovely cheerful daffodil photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see daffodils in the sunshine. Roast chicken in the oven too. Perfect :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was yummy!! And the sun is still shining too. xx

      Delete
  4. Have fun with your label maker!

    Sunshine here today but a bitterly cold wind.

    Enjoy your family time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. I am going to have to have a low/no spend month pretty soon, I think. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Thanks for providing a rare and much appreciated happy place at a horrible time xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a lot, Chrissie, thank you. (((( hugs ))))
      xx

      Delete
  6. Your blog is always a ray of sunshine Joy. Those daffodil are glorious aren't they. Such a pretty colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are so lovely and cheerful. Happiness creating.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely daffodils. I love the whoops purchase lol. I do that more often than I should. At least the purchase is something that is going towards home improvement (that's the category I would put it in lol).

    Sounds like you are doing a lot of organising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it is really - that makes it sound better, doesn't it? :-)

      I think it's that whole spring vibe humans seem to get - getting organised for the coming year after the chilly dark of winter.
      xx

      Delete
  8. Ooh, your label maker sounds great. There are people who have these and sell the labels they print out on Etsy ... so you could start a little business :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - what a thought! I met a problem straight away . . .

      xx

      Delete