Tuesday 22 February 2022

Tuesday

 Morning, everyone.  Today's date is pretty unusual - 22-2-22.  That's today's bit of useless information that you already knew anyway!!
For the first time in days, we have just a very gentle breeze and I think I'm safe to get the bits and bobs out of the shed and into the garden again.  The temperature is in double figures and, if the sun were shining, it would be just perfect.  However, it isn't, but not to worry.  We can't always have it all, can we?

The spring bulbs have not been the least bit deterred by the blowy weather.  As the snowdrops start to fade and brown, the mini daffodils are coming into flower and make such a delightful splash of colour.




The bulbs were a find!  Several years ago I wandered into Morrisons to see a large number of little pots crammed full of mini daffs that had flowered and gone over, selling at some ridiculously small amount - they'd obviously overstocked.
I bought several pots and planted them out almost straight away, letting them die back in their forever home (I've not lifted them since).  After a few slightly dodgy years, they started spreading and now I have lots of clumps of absolutely lovely mini daffs in the middle bad and also round the front.  They're about six to eight inches tall and I love them!
They're fairly early flowering and as they die back, the main daffodils and the hyacinths take over.

Yesterday all went according to plan.  Circuits was great and tuition went well too.  I am getting on with the stacked cups cross stitch, starting to see the pattern develop now instead of random patches.  When I move the embroidery frame, I will try and remember to take a photo.

I caught up with Throw Down and was so, so sorry to see that particular potter eliminated.  No spoilers but I really thought they had a strong chance of winning.  Just a bad week with a project that didn't suit their style.  Such a shame.

Today, being Tuesday, is my 'Nothing In The Diary' day so, of course, I have plenty of plans.  I could do Hyde Hall but I will be going there next Monday for the first of the two courses I have booked - hand stitched applique - so I can have a good wander around the place then.
I have a short food-shopping list, so short that almost I wouldn't bother but I am right out of tomatoes which are an essential for me.
Some of the inheritance Dad left us is now filtering through so I need to do a bit of financial thinking and I will be moving some money sideways today and starting a project.

My garden shed is showing signs of beginning to fall apart at the seams.  It's quite old now and for a while I have wanted to replace it with a 'garden room' that is perhaps more robust and made with materials that don't need regular treatment.  There's already power out to the shed so that's good.  I have a fairly clear idea of what I want so I need to find a local company that will advise, project manage, source and build it for me.  So today I'm doing a bit of homework!

And finally, I need to pop down to the allotment to check if the rickety old shed is still standing after the storms.  If so, fine.  If not, I will be calling on Jeff to help me sort it out.  Fingers crossed.  It's in quite a sheltered spot so might be fine.  

So, for a day with nothing in the diary, it is going to be fairly busy, isn't it?

Have a good day yourself, stay safe and well and take care.  xx

18 comments:

  1. We had someone's play hut hurtling towards us yesterday in the strong winds, luckily it got caught in some netting and became trapped. The garden room sounds a lovely idea.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw TV footage of a tree coming down with a playhouse in it that was, obviously, smashed to bits. Some child/children will be bereft.
      xx

      Delete
  2. The garden room is a lovely idea, and if you incorporate hidden storage for all the more mundane things into it as a friend of mine did and leave the front area near the doors clear for chairs, it means you can sit out even on drizzly Summer days enjoying the fresh air and the garden.

    My little Tete-a-Tete daffodils have started opening up but they look as though they are having a meeting discussing the weather as their heads are all turned towards each other :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking along those lines. The freezer will have to go in it, of course, but I can have cupboards, nice fitted cupboards above and to the side 0lus some nice garden furniture plus, maybe, a bit of heating for colder days and even nice, bifold doors to open it right out.
      Dreams can be very exciting!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Your garden room sounds like a very good idea and fun to plan for better weather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound nice, doesn't it? I'm looking forward to it very much.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I like the sound of your new garden Room. Will that be an extension to your house or a separate building in the garden? Have fun planning everything you want xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be in place of the shed. There's no room for another building and the shed really will need replacing soon.
      xx

      Delete
  5. A garden room sounds wonderful and will be a lovely place to sit and plan your day with a nice cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! I can take the laptop out there on the mild, sunny early summer mornings. Next year, anyway! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. In essence, that's what it will be but a posher one! lol
      xx

      Delete
  7. Ohhh, a new shed sounds marvelous.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love daffodils. Mum always grew them. They remind me of childhood. The place I walk always has them growing in the woods in spring time. I can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wild daffodils - how beautiful. They really do sing out that spring is on the way, don't they?

      Delete
  9. It is lovely to see your daffodils are in flower, such a beautiful pop of colour. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cheerful, aren't they? Mine are just bog-standard types but you can get some gorgeous varieties.
      xx

      Delete