Saturday 5 February 2022

Saturday

 Good morning, everyone.  When I opened a window briefly this morning, it smelled 'icy' (if you know what I mean) and I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a frost once light dawns.  It's supposed to be getting warmer quite quickly through the day but we will see.   I saw this on Facebook yesterday and it made me smile.


I was disappointed with a slight gain at SW yesterday which was a bit frustrating but not to worry, it is what it is!  It was a great meeting; lots of laughs and support and a very short and most unexpected snow shower half way through - the only snow we have seen this winter!  I had intended to walk to and from SW but it was chucking it down before I set off and that rain just briefly turned to snow.

By the end, it had stopped and by the time Alex and I were half way to Letchworth the sun had come out and the rest of the day was absolutely lovely, albeit rather chilly.

Thank you for all your kind words in the comments yesterday.  I did find it all a bit emotional and Alex did too, but we were OK (apart from some emotional scoffing come the evening on my part) and we got done what we planned to get done.
We came home with plenty of cutlery, six of everything in the china line and a list of other things that Alex will be able to use in time but which will stay there for now while the place is being sold.  They're in boxes which I will get into the garage in a little while, once I'm dressed.
The drives over and back were very easy and the new bypass round Little Hadham really does make things so much easier.

We stopped off at Bickerdikes (a lovely garden centre local to Dad's) on the way there for lunch and, while it was fairly busy, there was enough room and the service was very good.  We both had the most delicious bacon, brie and redcurrant toastie with bits on the side and Alex had a Belgian bun to finish off with.
As we walked out through the shop I spotted (and bought) a top that will do me very well for one evening at Potters, so that's great!

On Thursday evening we had another lovely sunset - I hadn't taken it off my camera in time for yesterday's blog so here' the one I like the best today instead although I wish I had caught it five minutes earlier when the sun was just a very little bit higher.  Quite different to the sunset earlier in the week.

Today I can have a lazy start - rather early but that's OK.  I'm currently enjoying a cafetiere of coffee (doesn't it make the house smell lovely!) and will have a leisurely bath in a while.  I'm meeting some of the SW group for a walk in the park in town later on - we walk from the car park to the coffee shop, then round the 'lake' (so-called - it's really just a very naughty bo - I mean big pond) and back to the car park.  It's a gentle walk nothing too hard and not too long but it's all good and the company will be great.

Then I have some washing to do, a bit of tidying, a bit of planning and a whole load of chilling out!  It's going to be a nice day, I think.  What do you have planned for the day?
Stay warm, safe and well.  xx

14 comments:

  1. Love the photo Joy sun sets and sunrises make some very nice photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, Diane - they can be very dramatic.
      Thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I think bacon, brie and cranberry/redcurrant is my absolute favourite snack lunch if we're out anywhere. Sorry about the little gain - but it's only half a pound, hardly even worth mentioning! You'll get that off and more next week. And yes, freshly brewed coffee is a wonderful smell. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely gorgeous, isn't it, and this one was generous with the brie. Bliss!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you were able to sort some things out for Alex to keep and use when he ventures out on his own.

    I like your sunset photo. Do you ever print your photos and frame them? This one would be a good candidate for that. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't, it's never really crossed my mind, to be honest. Maybe something to think about, thanks.
      Alex seemed happy with what he took and what's on his list. It should really help.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Fool's spring...most definitely! We have that here at present and the silly almond trees are flowering...far too soon! They have fallen for the deception and then the cold will return and the frost will shrivel up the buds.. tch! Bacon,Brie and red currant does sound like a very nice combination. Yes...sad moments for you both. I feel for you! Take care. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, isn't it - very true too.
      It was sad but it was OK. Happy memories do help a lot.
      xx

      Delete
  5. That list made me smile. Especially fools spring... It about right too. I can smell ice in the air today too so definitely hunkering down by the fire today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so chilled when I got back from the walk, I've been snuggling under my heated fleece and fell asleep. It's lovely and warm.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Another beautiful sunset. I wish I could see them better from my house. The little list at the beginning made me smile. Sadly we are definitely still in Winter lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a single view but it spreads across quite a way so I can get different angles. In daylight it is a view over a farm field with trees o0n the horizon but in a sunset it can be absolutely lovely.

      The list made me smile too.
      xx

      Delete
  7. The list at the top is very true isn't it :-)

    I'm so pleased you finally found a top that you like, you'll most likely see lots of other contenders now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than likely, isn't that the way life goes? lol

      The list really made me chuckle. It's definitely true.
      xx

      Delete