Saturday 12 February 2022

Saturday

 Good morning, everyone!  It's considerably warmer this morning, the skies are fairly clear and it might be a really nice, sunny day today again.  Here's hoping.

Yesterday was great!
SW was enjoyable, as it almost always is, and I won the raffle which was nice.  Lots more people are staying for the whole time now; it makes for a much more lively time.

I was going to pop into Morrisons afterwards to get just a few things I needed for the evening but I had a bagful of goodies from the raffle and no car in which to dump it, so I just went home, had breakfast and then went to Sainsbury's (they're the only place that has Oatly skinny) to have a good old meander around instead of a garden centre visit.  I can do that another day.

The evening with Dave and Anna was really, really lovely.  I haven't seen them since Christmas so there was a lot to catch up on, including putting them in the picture regarding the will/estate/etc were all going.  I'm so lucky to have both my 'children' living so close, aren't I?

Today is a take-it-easy, chilling sort of day, I hope.  My head isn't too bad after last night but a bit of recovery time wouldn't go amiss and I am expecting my gall-bladder-less innards to protest slightly at some point.

So I shall read, knit, do some cross stitch, watch vlogs and recorded stuff and generally be as lazy as I fancy.
Nice.
Are you taking life easy today?  Whatever you have planned, stay safe and well and don't do anything I wouldn't do as my dear Dad used to say with a wink.  xx

10 comments:

  1. It is blustery here so we are having a day off all the gardening and heading into Stranraer for a few provisions. There is a local Snowdrop walk on tomorrow at one of the gardens so fingers crossed the weather improves so we can go. Well done with the raffle and enjoy your lazy day. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowdrop walks are really lovely. Have a great time. xx

      Delete
  2. Your plans for the day sound perfect. I'm doing the same myself following a couple of strenuous days in the garden. The wind is picking up again here, so I'm happy to be indoors in the warm. Hope you enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been lovely so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of the day now. xx

      Delete
  3. The awful rain that was forecast didn't appear but we chilled out all day anyway. It's been really windy here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beautifully sunny here but today (Sunday), the forecast is not good and it's very overcast right now.
      xx

      Delete
  4. A restful day sounds just the ticket. It was my intention to do just the same, but my mountains (yes, plural!) meant otherwise. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasant day. I think I needed it.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Glad you had a nice visit. Sounds like a lovely way to spend the day. I haven't done any cross stitch for ages. Not since I was at Mum's. I had taken along a cross stitch to do so she could put up in her room at the care home. I couldn't bring myself to pick it up after she passed. I think I will. I'd like to finish it at some point as I know it would have made her smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will know when it is right.
      I have a kit that Mum bought for me. It must be at least eight years ago now. I found it the other day and felt a 'something' so I think I might very well start it at some point this year. When finished, it will be on the list of Pictures To Have Framed.
      xx

      Delete