Friday 4 February 2022

Friday

 Good morning.  It feels mild outside, it's cloudy and breezy and the sky is already lightening in the east.  The forecast this morning is for rain, rain and more rain which will be good for the parched soil but a bit of a pain for me.

I got the nicer parts of yesterday done.  Chris came round and we talked about getting old!!!  

After breakfast, I went off to Sainsbury's and then Asda as planned and spent a couple of hours wandering around them, looking for stuff on my (very short) list.  I didn't find any tops suitable for evening wear but I did find a nice top in Asda suitable for the summer over leggings/jeggings.  I also remembered to fill up with petrol at Sainsbury's so that's off my list.
Finally, I managed to get a housewarming gift for my ex-neighbour.  I've been meaning to do it for a while and Chris said they will be over on Saturday to pick up a few things she was storing for them so it was the ideal opportunity.

I didn't get the cupboards tidied though!

Today is full.
First of all, it's the usual Slimming World get-together and then I am collecting grandson Alex and we're both off to Dad's house so Alex can take what he would like from the stuff in the kitchen - everyday china, cutlery, utensils, etc.  I will store it all in the garage until such time as he has his own place.

It's the first time he's been back there since the funeral and I think we may both find it a bit difficult.

Have a lovely day, everyone, whatever the weather.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Thinking of you both today. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your Dad would be pleased that Alex will have thing of his to use and remember him. Take care.Valx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure too. We're all glad there are things that Alex can use. Thanks, Val. xx

      Delete
  3. Hope all goes well with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww ... it will be sad for both you and your grandson, but doing it together should help you both. And knowing that he is using his grandads things will bring comfort in the future, I know it helps me even now knowing that things my various relatives used and loved are still in daily use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly it, Sue. It is helping a lot. xx

      Delete
  5. It's an emotional day for you and Alex so I hope all goes well for both of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope today wasn't too upsetting for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you. Know how difficult it is sorting through your parent's things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's just the kitchen now. Most of the other rooms are pretty clear.
      xx

      Delete