Wednesday 16 February 2022

Wednesday

 Morning, one and all.  Welcome to Wednesday.  It's extremely mild out there, more like late March than mid-February, there's a bit of a breeze and the forecast is for strong-ish gusts of wind for several hours during the day.  We will see, won't we?

I enjoyed my meander around town yesterday, especially going to Quadrant which is not one of just two department stores left in town - the other is John Lewis.  It's slightly off town centre and I don't think I have been there for maybe a decade or so; in fact, I had forgotten about it really which is a shame because it's actually rather good.
I ended up finding two tops in the sale and I also found some long handled teaspoon, the kind you use for knickerbocker glories, etc, which are extremely useful for getting the last bits of chutney or jam out of a jar!

I was disappointed in Primark.  A couple of weeks ago, I bought some leggings in medium and, once I had washed and worn them, found they are a little bit too big so I was looking to get another pair in small.  I couldn't find them anywhere so I guess they've sold out - a shame.
As Sue warned in yesterday's comments, by the time I was heading back to the car (taking in Wilkinson's on the way), the weather had turned, the wind had strengthened and it was raining.
I was very pleased to see, in Wilko's, some small pyrex bowls ( about 200ml  capacity) with lids.  They were Pyrex prices rather than Wilko's prices but I didn't care.  I've been looking for them for ages so I didn't pass the opportunity by.

Once home, the rain had really got going so I put things away, had breakfast and just pottered, doing a bit of this and a bit of that, accompanied by clatters and bangs from next door.
I got on with the back stitching with the always present niggling concern that they might not have provided enough thread.  Does anyone else worry like that?  I've never run out when doing a kit, but it's always at the back of my mind.

In the evening, I had some email exchanged with brother, John.  There have been a lot of viewings of Dad's house but, so far, no offers.  However, the 'tendering' process isn't made for speed so we will see.  However, things are moving along nicely, which is good.

Today is a day in until personal training and I will see how bad the wind is when it's time to leave.  There's always the option of working online, after all.
Have a good day and I hope any high winds you may have don't cause any damage.  Take care.  xx

2 comments:

  1. We've had rain and strong wind most of the day and it doesn't look like it's settling down, so probably disturbed sleep to look forward to.

    A shame about the Primark leggings but at least that gives you the excuse, not that you need it, to continue shopping. I always forget to look in Wilko but they do have some good stuff in there. The small pyrex pots are a useful size ... are the lids freezer safe? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'd better be because they will go in the freezer from time to time. To be honest, I'm just assuming they are really. xx

      Delete