Wednesday 2 February 2022

Wednesday

 Good morning, everyone.  After another gloriously sunny and mild day yesterday, it's started off just a bit gloomy today but it's not at all chilly.  Beeb suggests light cloud today but that could mean a bit of sunshine too, we will see.

Yesterday felt quite a busy day.
It started off with my early morning shop which wasn't a big one and I just popped round the corner to Morrisons to do it.  Once all the was away, I washed my hair ready for Sharon to turn up.  She was a bit late (got stuck behind a learner bus driver who seemed to be out for his first run!) and I was just starting to worry that I had the wrong day! when the door bell rang.

She worked her usual magic, after which I drove off into town to wander round some clothes shops without much luck although I did get a couple of pairs of work out leggings and a T shirt top.  I'll keep looking.

After lunch, I prepped the tuition session and then I set off.  It went well and I heard a lot about the birthday on Monday.  I gather a good time was had!

In the evening. I went online and booked the holiday in the Peaks with Suzanne.  We're taking a cottage in Beeley called 'The Stables' and it does look lovely.  I then went completely bonkers and booked a long weekend at Potters in November.  This is going to the The Year of the Holiday, isn't it?  

Today is loads easier and, as the forecast is for milder weather, I really MUST get out into the garden and do some work there.  Apart from that, all I have on the list is personal training this afternoon, so I have plenty of time, don't I?  No excuses today.

Time to get a move on then.  Take care, be safe and have a lovely day.  xx

10 comments:

  1. 2022 - The Year of Holidays - sounds pretty good to me!
    Grey and wet here this morning - not actually raining but damp in the air

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, while I feel rather 'naughty', it also feels great. For so many years I went without a go-away holiday so perhaps I'm making up for lost time - I mean holidays.
      I'm very grateful that I can - it's a privilege.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It'll be lovely to hear all about your holidays Joy. They are necessary spends I think after the last two years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weeeeelllllll - maybe. But it's certainly nice! :-)
      Are you planning to go away at all?
      xx

      Delete
  3. Good for you booking your holidays. I can find fault with that! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels great but it also feels terribly self indulgent - not the booking, just having so many. Maybe I should think of them as 'time away' - that sounds better.
      I remember Mum and Dad went away regularly for these sorts of breaks - not necessarily fitness ones, just time away. I must be getting old! :-)
      xx

      Delete
    2. I'm hoping you realised that I meant to say "can't find fault"!

      Delete
    3. I didn't even notice - I read it as 'can't' lol
      xx

      Delete
  4. The 'Year of the Holiday' sounds wonderful ... and much deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm certainly looking forward to them. Let's hope for good weather - for two of them, anyway. I suspect the Potters breaks are 'holidays the weather can't spoil'
      xx

      Delete