Thursday 24 February 2022

Thursday

 Morning, everyone.  I'm awake at my usual time today so it's just turned six and still dark.  I've just been out to the shed for supplies and it feels quite mild and it's been raining overnight.  It's predicted to be a mixed bag of weather today - rain, sunshine, dull but, thankfully, no wind to speak of.

Yesterday pretty much worked out as planned.

I went back to Pound Stretchers and got all the relevant containers they had on the shelves - all nine of them.  I'll go back again in a few days to see if the shelves have been restocked.  I hope they have because, although I found some very similar ones on Amazon,  they are a bit more expensive.
I spent some time moving stuff about and filling them up and they work really, really well.  I can get eight to a shelf in the pull out 'larder' drawer and I can get ten per shelf in my wall cupboard.
I must work out exactly how many I need and then I will go for it, either from Pound Stretchers or, if they don't get any more in, from Amazon or I suppose I could look in B&M - it's the sort of thing they might have in too.

And I need some labels too but I'll make them.  I've searched Amazon for some clear printer labels which look really nice and peel off easily and, because they are home made, I can make them as I want them rather than buying pre-printed ones that won't match what I have.

When I got home, Alex had arrived and we spent some time chatting before he went off again.  I got ready for personal training which was really good again this week.  I've ordered some ankle weights to wear around the house and when exercising at home.  After last year's frankly very scary problems with my feel, ankles and calves, I've been working towards gradually strengthening them without putting too much stress on them (so not much bouncy stuff) and these seem ideal.  Fingers crossed.  They should arrive today so maybe I can try them out and see.

The only other outside thing I did was fill up with petrol.  I'll need a tankful to get up to Yarmouth and back for the Potters weekend which is now next weekend, the first weekend in March.  I must start planning what to take with me, I think, and the route I will take.  I was getting a lift with someone but that's fallen through and it's not a problem as I will be going back there in November so it'll be nice to know the route.

Today, I have the usual coffee and chat with Chris and then I'm doing housework - much overdue housework, including getting to grips with some of my kitchen cupboards in preparation for the new containers, as and when they arrive.  I suppose I might drive to B&M and see if they have any of those containers too.
So actually, quite a full day.  Nice one.
Have a good one yourself; stay safe and well, whatever you have planned.  xx


10 comments:

  1. Up the A12 and then more A12!
    Absolutely pouring here this morning - horrible.
    Have a good day with the housework!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much, isn't it? And I know that way from my Southwold holidays. I feel fairly comfortable about it but will probably do my obsessive Google Map 'drive' a few times, just to be sure.

      It's pouring here too, now. Really not nice at all.
      xx

      Delete
  2. We have rain as well and it's quite chilly compared to yesterday.

    Hope you have a satisfying day sorting your cupboards and jars. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temperature has dropped here too and we've had hail, sleet and, for just a short time, snow. Brrrrr

      The cupboards are going well, thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds as though your cupboards are going to be very well organised. Can we see a photo when it's all complete?

    We have intermittent hail showers and the odd bit of sunshine to lull you into a false sense of security ... then back comes the hail, OUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you can. It's funny how happy some organising can make one feel, isn't it?
      Sounds like you and I are having similar weather. It's really not very pleasant, the heating has been turned up and I'm snuggling down inside.
      xx
      xx

      Delete
  4. All that organising has me very impressed. Bright but very cold here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's extremely intermittent so when it lands I like to make the most of it! :-)
      I think we're in for a very cold night too. Thank goodness for my electric blanket.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Wow you are doing well with the organising. I've come to a screeching halt. I look at things, thing about sorting them and seem so overwhelmed. I just need to get going again and not let myself be distracted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's when I feel that coming on that I try to get something done. Small steps, but it all helps.
      xx

      Delete