Friday 25 February 2022

Friday

 Good morning.  It's nice and dry today, pretty cold but not frosty and, fingers crossed, it looks as if me might get some sunshine.  That would be very nice after yesterday.

We really did have some weather yesterday.  Teeming rain, hail, sleet and, for a short time, snow, some gusty wind although nothing near last weekend and the temperature dropped like a stone.  I went to B&M  to see if they had any storage jars (they didn't) and I was chilled to the bone by the time I got in.  Fortunately, Chris had the heating on when I went over for our chat and by the time I left, I'd thoroughly warmed up again.

We had a lovely chat and have made arrangements to go out for lunch between Chris' and my birthdays which are both in April.  I'm looking forward to that very much indeed.

I got going on the Great British Kitchen Sort-Out and got quite a lot done.   The containers I had ordered from Amazon arrived and were pretty much an exact match which I was so pleased about.  I have now ordered some more which should arrive tomorrow so I can get on with it all.  Exciting!
Some of the cupboards are looking a bit nicer too.

I also contacted a couple of companies that do bespoke garden rooms and a rep from one of them (the more local one) is coming on Tuesday to take a look at the site and discuss what I want and what they can provide.
It won't be cheap, I know, but I think it will be well worth it in the longer term.

Now I need to research solar panels - another improvement I'd very much like to make, if it seems doable.

I remembered to snap a photo of the current cross stitch project so here it is.  Forgive the crumples.  It's coming on, slowly!

Today starts off with Slimming World and it's a taster day today.  I've made some of my roasted tomato and red pepper soup with garlic croutons and if it doesn't all go, there's always the freezer.  :-)

Then I'm planning to stay in and catch up on the camera course a bit.  I've got rather behind but that doesn't really matter all that much. 
Also, I need to get the house in order so the cleaners can clean effectively.
And, assuming the containers come in good time, I can get on with all of that too.
What are your plans for today?

Take care, stay warm and safe and have a lovely day





14 comments:

  1. Slowly!? You only got it a few days ago! It's looking really good.

    Have a brilliant day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - a bit longer ago that that but it's nice to do when I'm sitting down late afternoon and through the evening. Keeps my hands busy. It's looking nicer than I thought it would.
      xx

      Delete
  2. The cross stitch is looking lovely already. I really like the sound of your plans, especially the garden room, it'll be so nice. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be, I think, and I also thing Dad would be really pleased that I'm using some of his inheritance in this way.
      xx

      Delete
  3. How exciting to be making a start on designing your garden room. Do you have a clear idea on what you want or will you wait to see what the rep suggests when you see him next week?

    I hope your SW weigh in went well this morning. Which part of the photography course are you working on now? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what I want - whether I can have it is another matter. I've seen their catalogue and hope that they can modify things somewhat. We will see.

      Only chapter five. ISO defeated me - all those numbers and I struggled to find how to change it anyway! It says it's the easiest to understand but not for me it ain't. Well - to find and use it isn't easy. Increasingly, I want a better camera!
      xx

      Delete
  4. How lovely to read of the plans for the garden room being to put into action. It'll be such a nice place for you to relax once it's all done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to it - when it happens is another matter.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I need you at my house Joy - I love the way you have the idea and hey presto you swing into action, contact the relevant people and within a post or two you are ready to go then before we know it the project is finished with a photograph too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - not always. You only hear about the ones when I do get going. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Love the cross stitch! Id love a garden room. The HG says I've got one! It is just the room where we house the bikes and all manner of his crap er I mean man treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell him that's not a garden room, it's a shed!!!
      xx

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a lot of different kinds of weather in one day! Love the cross stitching. It is really coming along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was extremely mixed! :-)
      Thanks. I'm really enjoying it.
      xx

      Delete