Thursday 10 February 2022

Thursday

 Good morning!
Yesterday was a day of two halves really.  The morning was beautifully sunny while the afternoon was cloudy and by the time I came out of personal training, it was spitting with rain.
I keep seeing headlines about snow - there won't be any here, I can pretty much guarantee.  There never is!
Right now it is dull and a bit chilly and there's been a bit of rain overnight.  I'm hoping it will cheer ujp a bit - you never know!

Yesterday was good.  I spent some time in the kitchen getting stuff in the slow cooker or ready for yesterday's meals, making quite a mess which took a while to clear up.
I got an email from the company that was framing three prints to say they were ready so I drove out to the farm where the barns are and collected the pictures.  They do look nice and when I've got them up in the blue room, I'll take a photo.

In the post yesterday was my renewed bus pass.  It just came automatically, I didn't have to request.  I haven't used the bus since before the first lockdown but maybe it is about time I did again.  They still seem to be pretty empty most of the time.  Have you started using buses again yet?

Finally, personal training was as good as it always is.  We discussed the next block of sessions - it's all going 'up' a bit in order to keep challenging me a bit.  Oddly, I'm quite looking forward to it.

Today is a social day.  Chris is over for our coffee and chat and then my friend, Val, is coming for lunch.  Weather permitting, we may go out for a walk or something.  Once she goes, the rest of the day is my own and, as the place is now pretty neat and tidy again, I will take it easy and read, maybe.  It should be a lovely day.
I hope you have a good 'un too.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a well planned day lets hope it all runs smoothly and you have a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gone very well, thanks, Diane. I hope yours has too. xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely day planned, Joy. As for buses....personally, I wouldn't get on one if you paid me, I think they're little hothouses of infection - even just colds. But that's just my personal opinion....and in any case, there aren't any buses round here!! Lol.
    Have a nice day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I think I'd like to give it a go and see but I'm still pondering.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I haven't used the bus recently as I haven't been going out that much but it's something I do want to do now I have my bus pass. I don't know how I'll feel about using public transport when they remove the requirement to wear a mask though.

    Hope you have a good time today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something to decide when that happens, I guess.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Buses? what are they?
    Have a lovely sociable day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) You know - those big things with a number on the front and wheels that go round and round, round and round, round and round . . .
      xx

      Delete
  5. It does sound posh when you call it the 'blue room'. :-)

    I like bus journeys but couldn't manage one at the moment, but I love trains even more and now we are back living in civilisation we have bus stops just at the end of our road on the A6 so it's a definite idea for the future. My bus pass is not that far off then I'll be here, there and everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does rather, doesn't it. And even posher to have pictures specially framed for it.

      I had great plans for bus jollies before Covid struck - like going to Colchester, for example. I haven't forgotten them.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I rarely use public transport but when I do I prefer our local train. It's quicker and far cheaper than the bus.Having said that, if I ever get a bus pass I'll use it a lot for days out. I'll have to be 67 to qualify in our local area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to get the bus from here to get to the station - parking is just not possible around the station as it's a commuter centre.
      xx

      Delete
  7. I’d be really wary of buses if most people aren’t masked. I might be biased as Steve has Covid (on the mend now) and it seems likely he caught it on a bus. Passengers were masked, but it was full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hardly surprising really. I'm so glad he's recovering and do hope he wasn't very unwell with it.
      xx

      Delete
  8. It sounds like a lovely day. Enjoy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete