Sunday 20 February 2022

Sunday

Morning, everyone. 
Yesterday was another day of two halves - the morning was sunny and very pleasant after the storms of the day before.  By the afternoon, the clouds had rolled over again and it poured with rain - not that it bothered me as I spent the day inside.

I have taken a photo of the Christmas cross stitch and, despite my mutterings, the back stitching really does bring everything out nicely.  I decided definitely not to do the snowflake French knots and there's a bit of back stitching to make words on the shop window that I also decided not to do.
I'm quite pleased with the results - Definitely worth framing, I reckon.  What do you think?


The stacked teacup one is going nicely although counted cross stitch can seem to grow very slowly until, suddenly, you look at it and can see real progress.

I'm afraid I was very naughty and ordered another Christmas kit to go with the two I have made.  After all, three is good, isn't it?
This is it . . . I just fell for its cuteness and anyway - you know - owls!!  And yes - it has backstitching!


I have plenty to keep me going pretty much all year now, don't I?

Today we have another weather warning - pretty much everywhere really.  Round here is it for more strong and gusting winds, nothing like as bad as Friday but still enough to warrant a Yellow alert.  It's longer too, from midday today to mid afternoon tomorrow and I think that they are concerned that some things were weakened by the strong Friday winds and more vulnerable to damage.
Edit:  it has been upgraded to a named storm - 'Franklin' - sigh 

This afternoon, Beth's invited me round for coffee and I don't think the weather will be bad enough to stop me going.  I haven't seen her for a while so it will be nice to catch up.

What are your plans for this Sunday.
Stay safe.  xxx

22 comments:

  1. Yes definitely worth framing, it's beautiful! Yellow weather warning here too. No plans to leave the house anyway but I've got my knitting and sewing projects to keep me busy :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take care - I don't think it will be nearly as bad but you never know, do you?
      xx

      Delete
  2. All three are worth framing and I would put the teacup one in the dining room.

    Like the rest of the country we've had strong winds etc with Eunice, but no damage, thankfully. We have had a couple of power cuts which only lasted a few minutes and didn't have any impact on us. The only way I know we had the cuts was because the cooker clock was flashing. So we've been lucky so far, touch wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad to read this because the West Country was very hard hit. Long may it continue.

      I don't have a dining room, or I would. My downstairs is all open plan apart from the kitchen.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Three is a lucky number isn't it? Although they say four too which would make two Christmas picture pairs LOL! Gorgeous cross-stitches. Most definitely worth framing. We are off out for our Sunday morning excursion although there are dark clouds gathering I see. No matter we'll enjoy it with or without sun and Sr P loves the rain. Have a good day. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tempt me! lol
      Have a lovely excursion, whatever the weather. xx

      Delete
  4. As everyone else yes I agree about framing them. You have done a lovely job. The rain here is relentless and it is so dull inside I may have to abandon my idea to do some crafts today. Enjoy your visit and a chat with Beth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't a nice day, is it. The wind hasn't started yet though, for which I am thankful.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Definitely worth framing, and I do like the new one as well. Are you planning to display the three Christmas ones as a group - just wondered how they'll be arranged with their different shapes and sizes, or whether you need a fourth one to get a pleasing display?

    Hope you enjoy your time with Beth this afternoon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to see how they all look together because they are very different shapes. I think they might look good, not in a line but as a sort of cluster - but we will see.
      I had a lovely time, thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Three is always the best number! Love both of them, and I definitely would frame them and display them! Have a lovely afternoon with Beth xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Power of Three . . . it's a sort of pleasing number, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  7. They are lovely.I need a new cross stitch kit.Perhaps if I bought a Xmas one now it might be finished by December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! :-) It makes a different Christmas decoration, doesn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  8. What do I think, I think it's brilliant, and those owls ... they are too gorgeous to have resisted.

    Yep, Franklin ( and our wheelie bins) are knocking on the door again. Time for me to get my Sellotape out again, the door knocker drives Mavis to distraction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cuteness overload, I agree. Far too good to refuse! :-)
      Poor Mavis - I sympathise.
      xx

      Delete
  9. It's beautiful and well worth framing but don't they say that two's company three is a crowd. You are morally obligated to buy at least four ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - well, we will see.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Love it and definitely worth framing. The owl kit is just so darn sweet.

      God bless.

      Delete
    3. It really is - so very cute. I just fell for it.
      xx

      Delete
  10. Good job on the backstitching. As much as I complain about it sometimes it does really make the picture pop. I love the bird one! I might just have to go pick up my stitching again. I haven't picked it up since Mum passed away. I had taken a new design to stitch for her to have in her room at the care home. I just can't bring myself to finish it. Perhaps instead I'll start a new one until I can finish the one I was doing for her. At some point I'd really like to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really understand that - you will know when the time is right, I am absolutely sure.
      xx

      Delete