Sunday 6 February 2022

Sunday

 Morning, everyone.  It's a wet and mild start to the day and there's a bit of wind.  It may very well be a day for staying in and counting my blessings although you never know.

Yesterday turned out absolutely beautiful.  Yes, it was cold, starting with that frost I expected and not really warming up very much until a lot later but the sun shone, the sky was clear and blue and it was wonderful.

By the time I got into the car to drive to Tower Gardens where the walk was starting, the frost had gone but it was still jolly chilly so I wrapped up very warm.  There were seven of us doing the walk yesterday, all but one of us from Jen's Friday SW group.  The other was a husband and a very pleasant chap he was too.

It was the same walk as last time - along the river from Tower Gardens, through Admiral's Park and into Central Park where the coffee shop provides a really nice and warming cup of coffee.  Then it's back round the 'lake' and along the river again.  All of this runs parallel to one of the main roads into town but most of the way you'd never know.

The bird-life on the lake was very active and a couple of us had bought bird food from the cafe (must do that next time) to attract them, causing great excitement. I did wish I had remembered my camera as they were very bold and there were also some swans that are much easier to snap as they move so slowly (usually).
It really was a delightful time and I am looking forward to the next one, in a fortnight's time.

I spent the rest of the day doing little bits and bobs and generally - well, I was going to say 'chilling' but actually it was quite the opposite because when I got in I really was rather cold, chilled to the bone as they say, so I snuggled under the heated fleece and went to sleep!!

Just a really nice day.

Today is much the same but without the walk.  I will see what the weather does before I decide to go out or not but I will probably go into the shed and get the smaller freezer defrosted, something I have been planning to get done for ages.  Then there's washing to finish off, dry and ironing to get done and I might even get one of those cupboards sorted out, you never know.  Fingers crossed!

Have a super day, whatever your plans.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your plans how lovely to snooze after your cold outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was absolutely great - just what I needed. Thanks, Diane - you have a good day too. xx

      Delete
  2. Suffolk 9am. Chucking it down and blowing a hooley! Good job your walk wasn't here this morning!
    Have a good Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It's horrible here too; I'm even glad I went out to the shed earlier when it was really just drizzling. A nasty day but I guess the ground did need a good soaking. Everything seemed very dry.
      I hope you don't have to venture out in it.
      xx

      Delete
  3. This bought back memories - I used to do that walk on my lunch break many moons ago :)
    Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely, isn't it, and not too far either. Very doable.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Wild and squally here brrrrr am under the blanket catching up on corrie and blogland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh the rain and wind here last night was astonishing. I thought my roof was going to take off. I debated whether I would get up and go next door if it did or just pull the duvet up higher. The duvet idea sounded better, but I'm glad I didn't have to put it to the test.

    It's nice to get lots of jobs out of the way isn't it, and you sound like you have quite a list to work through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't there always? - I think I'm much more aware of all those 'little' tasks now than I ever was when I was working.
      I'm glad your roof was OK - scary though.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Your walking group sounds lovely. We have had a very cold weekend here but temps are supposed to warm up in the coming week which will be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice. We're all oldies and enjoy each others' company.
      It'll be nice to have warmer weather, won't it?
      xx

      Delete
  7. Stay warm inside if there's nothing urgent to do outdoors. When will you be able to start at the allotment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I could start now but, after what people said about homes for little creatures, I'm starting in March, by which time things should be warmer and they are starting to wake up.
      I did stay in and it was nice.
      xx

      Delete
  8. Sounds like my kind of day! I hope you remember to take your camera next time. I'd love to see the birds you are attracting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try! :-)
      If the weather is nice, I might go that way again during the week. That would be nice.
      xx

      Delete