Saturday 26 February 2022

Saturday

 Morning, everyone.
After a gorgeously sunny day yesterday (two loads of washing dried on the line), albeit chilly, it looks as if today is going the same way.  There's the expected frost but that will go soon enough.  Lovely!

SW yesterday was good.  The weight loss was small - but a loss so no grumbles from me, it was a taster session and I won the group's Free Food Festival Recipe comp by default (no-one else entered a recipe!) and got a tea towel, certificate and sticker (the last big spender, SW is!)


I came home with various goodies - the winner of the slimmer of the week hamper didn't stay to the rest of the group so it was raffled and I won that so came home with various helpful goodies and there were some taster things left over so I also got a pot of yogurt and a bottle of lemon and mint fizzy pop
So a good meeting!

The glass containers arrived early in the afternoon so I spent a couple of happy hours getting them all sorted.  The label idea didn't come off - the ink wouldn't 'take' on the clear labels and when I looked more carefully, it said they were for laser printers and mine isn't!  Oh, well, it was a Good Idea and, for now, I've used my Sharpie pen to write on them.  It's just a shame my handwriting isn't very pretty but if I find a friend with a laser printer, I might be able to persuade them to help out.
Apart from the labels, I'm very happy with the results!  There's still some little bags of stuff left; small amounts that don't need a big container, so I need to have a think about that and, maybe, go back to Pound Stretchers to look at the smaller containers.
I'm on a mission here and it's so nice to get a bit of organisation into what was really very scruffy.

Not a great photo but you get the idea.  There's ten to each shelf.


I'll take a photo of the pull out cupboard when I've moved a few things around.

So, what with all that and getting the washing done, it was a most satisfying day.

Today, I want to finish off the last of the washing, do the ironing, move the shelf contents around a bit and then just chill with camera course, reading and sewing, etc.  When I was working, Saturday used to be a rush round and get everything done day so I could keep Sunday for family, so now I really relish a bit of time and space to just be me on a Saturday, even though I can be that any day of the week nowadays!

Gave a lovely day, everyone.  What plans do you have for the last weekend in February?  xx


14 comments:

  1. Well done at SW. Any loss brightens the day, and all those goodies. I too like my shelves to look neat and tidy. It's looking sunny and should be warmer today as there is hardly any wind.I'm off to church coffee morning for a brekfast bap and catchup on village news. This afternoon I'm going with my daughter to a remembrace getogether of an old friend who died recently, and had to be given a paupers grave. So sad, she was a character and would help anyone. We will remember her.
    Happier day tomorrow as we are all going to a wedding fair in Hintlesham Hall nearby where my Grandson has his wedding booked for 2023. Enjoy your" me day" Saturday. Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely weekend - apart from the remembrance get together which is sad but I hope it gives everyone comfort.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm in the middle of doing the same as you with the storage jars although I will be using a dymo label, clear tape with black print.

    Good luck with the camera course. Feel free to email if you have any questions.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have one of them - what a good idea though.

      I may very well be contacting you with 'what to look for in a new camera' at some point. :-)
      xx

      Delete
    2. I don't have a label maker yet but it's on the list!

      New cameras are exciting. You'll need to give some thought to the type of photos you want to take and whether you want the option to change lenses or stick to a single lens with zoom etc.

      Delete
    3. AH, gotcha! A label makes would be a useful thing to have, especially for people who like being organised. xx

      Delete
  3. Tony wants to know whether you won second and third prize for the recipe too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - well, I guess I would have, had there been such a thing!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Now I understand your new organizational strategy! I have done something similar with the things I buy from the bulk food store using empty salsa jars which I seem to have in abundance (I eat a lot of salsa!). They stack quite comfortably on their side with the labels on the lid facing out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your strategy is better than mine - because you reused. I don't have enough of one thing to collect that many suitably sized jars which is a shame but there you go. Maybe, one day, a photo on your blog??? I'd love to see it.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Awesome wins at your meeting.

    Love the glass jars you used for organizing. It looks awesome.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. I feel happy when I open the cupboard doors at the moment. Small things . . . as the saying goes.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Well done on the SW wins, it looks like it was your night for sure :-)

    The cupboard looks lovely and neat. There's something very appealing about everything being in glass jars isn't there and them being square so no wasted space is an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really is. I'm so pleased with the results and, an added bonus I hadn't envisaged, it's so easy to see how much of everything I have left.
      I wish they did smaller square ones as well but I haven't found any - all the smaller ones seem to be round, sadly.
      xx

      Delete