Saturday 16 March 2013

Saturday early

Here we are, back at the weekend again.  As ever, I was up stupidly early (around four o'clock) but have made hay while the sun wasn't shining and planned out a weekend's fun with Thermione.  At the moment the list looks like this . . .
another go at custard, hopefully thicker this time
pastry for apple and plum pie (my pastry is shockingly bad so fingers crossed)
mango chicken (again, because it was so very delicious last time)
cream of chicken soup (I found a likely looking recipe)
lasagne for Sunday lunch - we all LOVE lasagne!
orange squash and fruit spread with the residue from the squash

and maybe
Thermomix cream (because I am intrigued)

When I got home last night I had a go at making the chicken stock paste and it seemed to work out OK.  Like the vegetable stock paste, it is very salty in its undiluted state but after using the veg stock successfully, I'm not so concerned.  I need the paste for the cream of chicken soup I want to try so here's hoping!

I'm quite weary after a very full week so intend to take it easy this weekend.  I know the above sounds as if I will be very busy, but that's not the case.  I love cooking and it won't be a chore, it will be fun.  I also want to get on with the granny square bed cover: I haven't done any for weeks and it's about time I got going again.  That, with rubbish book and rubbish TV should keep me nice and relaxed and, with any luck, I will be dozing and snoozing in between times too.  Here's hoping anyway!



2 comments:

  1. The lasagne is so nice and easy with the Theromo making the sauce while you assemble the rest. I have made the vegetable stock past but not yet tried the chicken is it in the same book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's not, but it is out there online and I have it saved on my hard drive. I'll sent it across to you.

    J x

    ReplyDelete