Monday 30 June 2014

Monday

Yet another Monday comes round, this and one more to go, plus a Tuesday, and school will be out.
It's lovely and sunny at the moment but it was a cool night.  I was glad to snuggle under the quilt to stay warm.

Yesterday was an OK day.  I baked six little loaves of bread, gave three of them to Beth and demolished half of one myself for tea as it was pretty delicious.  Lunch was nice.  There were home/allotment grown potatoes, broad beans and runner beans (from last year, frozen) and Beth had home made chick pea and apricot curry while Al and I had chicken pie (NOT home made).  All very scrummy and filling.


Earlier in the day I planted those three little tomato plants in the bed and sowed some more carrot seeds, the packet assuring me that it certainly was not too late, so fingers crossed.

Then Beth and I settled to watch 'Frozen' which Beth has never seen and I went to sleep!  When I woke up everything was muffled and it took me a while to realise that one of my hearing aid batteries had died.  It bleeps at me, you see, but I must have been very asleep!

I felt very tired for the rest of the day and went to bed pretty early, thankful that I can!

And now it is today!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to have a nap. It will have done you good. I have never seen 'Frozen', but people say it's good - one to look out for, I think.
    So glad it's not to go until the summer break - what a relief that will be for you all! :o)
    S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can watch it here, Sonja. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete