Sunday 3 April 2011

Sunday morning


It looks as if it is going to be a truly lovely day today. the sun is shining, the air is fresh but not cold and there's just a little movement in the air. Time to dust off a summer skirt, I reckon.


I don't think I'll be doing cupcakes in Handy Andy. They seem to rise in a funny way, like a sort of 'shelf' rather than doming and I'm not sure about the texture either. But I'm quite excited about the roast chicken. I did the usual cover with bacon (and the ham skin from yesterday ham joint) and wrapped it all up in foil, then read some recipes. It seems that the bacon fat, etc, is not needed, it just roasts directly on the low rack and one can turn it over half way, if one wants. Interesting! We will see.


Apart from that little excitement, it's planning, ironing and generally chilling today. I wonder what's on the telly to accompany the ironing.


Unconnected photo: more from the parents' garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment