Tuesday 14 May 2024

Tuesday evening, 14-05-24

Evening, everyone!

I woke up this morning to a pretty wet world, as I guess many of us here in the UK did.  I'm glad I didn't change the duvet over as it feels a lot fresher this morning - not fresh enough to wonder about an hour of heating on, just in comparison.  Good for the garden, for sure.

It was Groove this morning but I didn't fancy getting damp so I took the car for once.   I'm so glad I did because it really wasn't very nice.  Groove was though; it is great to feel warm straight away instead of doing the first half with extra layers on.  Despite today's rain, it is definitely warming up.

The rest of the day passed as days usually do.  I made some social arrangements with friends, did some housework, some kitchen work, looked at my lengthening shopping list with mild disbelief, checked the bank account (more there than I thought which is odd but time will tell) and the rain kept falling.  To be fair, it cleared up briefly and there was even a hint of sunshine but it was a case of blink and you miss it.

And this evening is more of the same.  Can't complain, I love an easy life.  
Have you had the rain too?
Night, everyone, sleep well and may tomorrow be a lovely day for you.  xx

12 comments:

  1. It's been reasonable here today, rain was forecast this morning but we didn't get it. There was a bit of a cold gusty breeze though, so not a day for doing much in the garden. I hope you sleep well tonight Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. A good night's sleep is such a blessing,. isn't it? xx

      Delete
  2. We had torrential rain just about teatime and one of our gutters seems to be blocked as we had a spectacular waterfall. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear! Is it reachable - I mean, can you clear it yourself? What a nuisance. xx

      Delete
  3. It's been raining steadily here for most of the day, but there was a really heavy downpour mid afternoon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure we had anything really torrential yesterday - but it was quite heavy at times - enough to be glad I could stay in. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. We had rain here in Saskatchewan last week and more is to be coming over the next couple of weeks. That is if what the weather pundits say is true.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually are - we remember when they are not far more than when they are.
      Good for the garden and the water table, I guess. xx

      Delete
  5. Glad that it was a pretty uneventful day. It was cloudy and damp here today. The weather forecast called for rain this morning, but I went out for a walk anyway and it was a little spitty and then it cleared up so I'm glad I went!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call. A rain forecast can mean anything from a few drops to a real downpour and it's so localised anyway. I'm glad you got your walk. xx

      Delete
  6. The sun is shining here, so it looks like a good day for hanging out the washing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good to me. It's dull here but I don't think it is actually raining any more. All good. xx

      Delete