Sunday 19 May 2024

Sunday evening, 19-05-24

Good evening, everyone and hasn't it been a beautiful late spring/early summer day?  It certainly has here anyway.  Warm sunshine and not a hint of any dampness whatsoever.  Lovely!

Mind you, it has been a busy day round here.
It started off with getting Sunday lunch ready.  I like to prep everything good and early and today I had a turkey drumstick to slow roast so, as soon as the solar panels were creating, into the oven it went.

I decided to get some washing done, partly because it was such a lovely day and also partly because I won't be able to do anything mush tomorrow.  So I got two loads washed, line dried, ironed and put away.  Yay!!

Over midday, I picked Beth up and we went to the Clock Tower precinct because she wanted to look at some stuff in Dunelm.  I treated her to a drink there - she had a fizzy and I had a black coffee and it was very nice.  Great value too.

I came home, got my Sunday lunch cooked and tidied up in the kitchen before finishing off the ironing and then started to get downstairs ready for the carpet cleaner tomorrow morning.  I also took the opportunity to give the place a good hoovering too. 

 The extension part is now almost clear except for the table.  They are going to clean around the sideboards!

So looking one way . . . 
. . . and the other to my telly/knitting/ reading/snoozing corner.
Again, the telly table stays there and the chair and small table will be pushed into . . .
. . . this space which is the original living room before the extension was built.

(I was standing in the same place, pretty much, to take these photos.)

Then, half way through, everything will have to be moved from here back into the above space.  It's going to be a busy day!!

Inspired by the moment, I fired off an email to Ray, my Hire a Hubby, asking if he would come and give me a quote for decorating.
It would be nice to get that done this year, I think, and good for the house too.

And now I am really tired.  Bet I sleep well, especially as my conscience is clear knowing that everything is as ready as it can be right now.  I'll catch up on a bit of telly, do some knitting and then meander upstairs, avoiding looking in the blue room as some of the downstairs stuff is in there too.
Sleep well and I hope your day has been as satisfying as mine has.  xx



18 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of furniture shifting....I hope your back's ok! You certainly should sleep well, you've worked blimmin hard! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fine, thanks, Sooze. I'm glad I didn't have to do much lifting though. Pushing/pulling is fine. xx

      Delete
  2. My goodness you were moving furniture around today. Rest well, so you can move it all back.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hot work!!
      Moving it back will be much easier as I think the cleaner will help - he has to put protectors under everything when it does back onto a damp carpet. Should be a lot easier. xx

      Delete
  3. I envy your dry, sunshiny day! We have had nothing but dreariness and rain for days on end. Hopefully, this coming week will be drier. Good luck with your carpet cleaning tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is supposed to be another lovely day too - bring it on.
      I hope it cheers up quickly for you very soon. xx

      Delete
  4. It will be a good feeling.to have your carpets clean and fresh. I'm always shocked at the colour of the water when I have mine done. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't. I think it's going to be highly embarrassing, I really do. It so needs doing! And perhaps I need to make it a more regular thing - once every two years, perhaps. xx

      Delete
  5. The carpet should dry quickly if it's a fine day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All done, it's drying nicely and I'm impressed. It's made a huge difference. xx

      Delete
  6. It's been grey and cool most of the weekend here. Spits and spots of rain too so nor drying outdoors weather. I looked at our carpet yesterday and very nearly shampoo'd it. The lure of pottering in the garden won

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're getting the best of the weather really. Fingers crossed it comes your way soon. xx

      Delete
  7. I spent almost all day weeding in the garden except for a couple of hours in the middle of the day as it was scorching here. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely, isn't it. I'm so enjoying this weather. xx

      Delete
  8. It's been so warm here it's taken a bit of getting used to after the long wet winter but I'm not complaining 😀
    I was interested that you cooked a turkey drumstick......thrifty and tasty I should think?
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor I - and it's not too hot at all, not for me anyway!
      Yes - I bought a leg cut into two sections and froze the drumstick part ages ago. It slow roasts really well and all the meat just falls off eventually so it is a really easy thing to do.
      And you get plenty of stock afterwards too.
      xx

      Delete
  9. Hope all went well with carpet cleaning day. Hopefully it will all be finished now and you have some beautiful clean carpets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did, thanks, I do and I'm happy. It has made a big difference. xx

      Delete