Tuesday 7 May 2024

Tuesday evening, 07-05-24

Hello, everyone.  How has your day been.  I woke here to sunshine and it has been another lovely, much appreciated after yesterday.  It has also felt quite bust, especially the morning.

It started, as usual on Tuesday, with Groove class.  It felt a but odd walking down without Chris who is currently away on holiday but it was a really pleasant walk in the sunshine.  Groove itself was great, as always, and the walk back was also pleasant.

When I got home, I set to sorting out the garden room.  It is now clean and the other stuff has been taken out.
I know you've seen this, more or less, but I took another photo once it was all done and dusted (literally!).


It's so nice now it's all complete.  I sat out there to have my breakfast, feeling very happy.

Then I did the downstairs housework - it didn't get done yesterday and it didn't get done much last week either so it took a bit longer than usual but that was OK.  What with that, the exercise class and the walk, I'm up to 11K steps so I'm happy with that.

What I'm not so happy about - well, not exactly unhappy, just that I will have to be careful, is finances.  What with shelling out for three booked coach trips, a new block of personal training sessions, the holiday in October and Alex's birthday present (for tomorrow) - oh, and the deposit for next year's Fitness and Fun weekend at Five Lakes - what I have left is looking a bit depleted.
However, after listing all that above, it's not surprising, is it, and I don't think I will need to take anything from savings, just be very, very, very careful - and I can do that.  What I am fairly sure is that I won't have any leftovers to move into savings on the 31st.   😄
(that little circular rug will just have to wait!!)

It has been a very pleasant day though, really nice.  Tomorrow, the weather looks promising - the rest of the week, in fact - so that's good.

Have a good night, everyone.  Sleep well and sweet dreams.  xx

20 comments:

  1. Love your garden room!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Jane, I'm going to use it a lot. xx

      Delete
  2. Your garden room must please you so much Joy, bet you're so glad you had it done. And all those lovely trips to look forward to! It's been a lovely day here too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am, Sooze. It's been a very long time from the first idea to now but, thanks to my lovely parents' legacy it's finally achieved and it's been well worth it.

      Delete
  3. I am so envious of your garden room. What a lovely place to relax in.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice to have somewhere separate to the house. xx

      Delete
  4. Can someone explain the purpose of a garden room to me. I'm Australian, and there not a thing we have here, at least that I know of. If you wanted a sunroom, why not add an extension on to the house. It seems a bit odd (to me) to have to leave the house and go out into the garden to sit in a room. No, judgement, I'm just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No judgement perceived either, it's a really good question.

      I already have a ground floor extension across the back of the house and I did consider a conservatory but . . .
      It would cut down light to the living/dining area quite significantly.
      There's raised brick beds in the garden which would need to be dismantled and I didn't want to lose one of them.
      I'd still need to replace the garden shed anyway because it was getting very bedraggled (the garden room is actually two rooms, the main part and a shed part for garden tools, freezer, etc).
      I rather fancied a little relaxation area away from the house, quite separate from it - it is so nice to have a separate bolthole that is different
      The way the room flows means that when I am sitting with friend for coffee, we have our backs to the garden (changing that round would look weird) and it is really nice to sit out and enjoy the garden while chatting and enjoying a coffee or two, whatever the weather.
      If I fancy using it as, say, an exercise room, the chairs can push to the walls and I can move out my cycle, balance ball, weights, etc - it can be multi functional.
      Finally, while there's no plumbing out to the shed, there is power and there is heating and, if push came to shove and it was really necessary, someone could sleep on a camp bed there - they'd have to come in to use the loo but there's paving and the loo isn't so far away

      So there are several reasons and, as I said, I did consider a conservatory for a while but, over the years, changed my mind. It helped that on the programme 'My Flat Pack Home' someone did a garden room and it really appealed.
      Thanks for asking that question; it has helped me to sort of shuffle my thoughts about it and get them sorted and listed. I hope it all makes sense. xx

      Delete
    2. Phew - that was a blog on it's own, wasn't it. Sorry! I might very well reproduce it in the main blog this evening . . . xx

      Delete
    3. Having had both conservatory and garden room I definitely prefer the former as it doubles up as a place to overwinter plants and grow seeds without using any heating. Conservatories can be hot - and cold in winter! - but to me there's nothing better than having a big view of my garden without having to trek over the lawn. PS I would definitely get colourful cushions and a mat. There are bargains to be had in TK Maax.

      Delete
    4. We all have different feelings, don't we? It does help that I don't have to walk over a lawen to get to the garden room - but if I had a back lawn, I'd have had a pathway built. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Looks like a lovely spot to enjoy breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great, thanks. I might very well make that a bit of a habit, especially on those lovely sunny days. xx

      Delete
  6. Financial ups and downs are part of life. Unexpected expenses are a nuisance and it's reassuring to have a buffer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I have paid for things that don't need to be paid for for a few months sp I am quite OK about moving savings over, if really necessary. It's not a problem, just something to manage.
      After all, that's what short term savings are for. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  7. It looks lovely Joy, you've planned it all very well. And your description of why you chose a garden room over a conservatory makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. Each to their own, I think. My main concern was that maybe I wouldn't really use it but I really am. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  8. The room looks great. Interesting reading about conservatory v garden room. I've had both over the years too and like most things there are pros and cons covered in comments above. In our current house we are fortunate to have a rather nice conservatory, although it does rather double up as a dog snoozing room 😉😄 however, I've always had a bit of a yearning for a 'she shed' , somewhere to store my craft stuff in one place, and cosy up occasionally with a book or some crafting, I love the wood aroma and the slightly different feel that wooden structures have compared to glass or bricks........ah well, maybe one day 😀
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that name. She shed - how fantastic is that!
      You never know . . . maybe . . . xx

      Delete
    2. 😀😘
      Alison x

      Delete