Friday 10 May 2024

Friday evening, 10-05-24

 Good evening, everyone.  It's been another really lovely day, more summer than spring really.  I've even started watering some of the pots.

It was nice to be back at SW group this morning after missing last week.  Then I came home, had breakfast and gave my bedroom another good going over.  After lunch, I just chilled in the garden room - and fell asleep!  Those chairs are obviously a good choice.

As the day went on, the back became more and more comfortable so I'm glad I took it carefully.  I just have to decide whether to do the SET class online tomorrow morning but I will decide that when the time comes!

After yesterday's garden photos, one more.  The herbs are doing great!
The grass-like one in the middle is - well - ornamental grass.  And the variegated leafy one at the back right is just a bush.  I don't have loads of herbs, just rosemary, oregano, chives, sage, thyme, mint and, not on the photos, bay.  All very useful though.

You've probably seen this many times but it made me laugh so very much this afternoon, I thought I would share it. 

Given that every primary teacher is a science teacher by default - I totally agree.  

Right, well, time to shut up shop and get this sent, I think  Have you had good weather too?  
Sleep well, everyone, and pleasant dreams.  xx



12 comments:

  1. I bet it was lovely dozing in the garden room. Your herb bed looks good and healthy, I've only got chives and mint so far but will be adding more, I definitely want sage. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sage is useful. I do use what I have planted which is good. Bay is particularly useful for so many things. xx

      Delete
  2. Susan Zarzycki10 May 2024 at 20:58

    Hi, I like the design of you garden spot. I would like the same.❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, SUsal. It is a sort of happy space for me. xx

      Delete
  3. The herb bed looks very healthy and as you say, useful. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely earns its space! I wish parsley was perennial. I need to get some.
      xx

      Delete
  4. The temperatures here have been lovely as well. Hoping that it keeps on this way.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good - you've had it so cold for so long. xx

      Delete
  5. I like the cartoon - I haven't seen it before. Snoozing in the garden room sounds perfect. It's another warm one this morning. No doubt, by the time we've got used to it, the temperature will drop again . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Undoubtedly - keeps us on our toes, doesn't it?
      It's funny, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  6. I hadn't seen the cartoon either but it made us all laugh in this small corner.

    ReplyDelete