Sunday 5 May 2024

Sunday morning, 05-05-24

Morning, everyone.  So sorry about missing blogs and this should definitely have been posted last night but . . .

Wasn't the weather lovely yesterday.  Beautifully sunny and definitely warmer, even out of the sun.  The big event yesterday was the reason I didn't post this yesterday.

Beth, her friend, Carlin, Alex and I had dinner at the Giggling Squid.  It's been a long time a-coming.  Carlin promised to take us out for a meal a year ago as a sort of 'thank you' for helping get a hall ready for his Mum's funeral wake while Beth said she wanted to take me and Alex out for a birthday meal.  The year passed and now and again it was mentioned but Beth and Carlin in particular are very busy people nowadays.
Anyway, last night was the night.  I've heard a lot about the place from Beth who really loves going there so I was really looking forward to it and I was not disappointed, not at all.   We had a really lovely time - great food and good company.  And, for me, no bill.  What more could a girl want, eh.

We had some prawn crackers to start with followed by spring rolls and a sweet chilli dipping sauce.  My mains was sticky chicken and coconut rice and it was so, so delicious.  And, bad me, I had the loveliest lychee martini too - I love lychee liqueur.

I was so tired when I got home that I decided to leave this until this morning.

The sun is shining again and I so hope it remains this way tomorrow too, seeing as it is Bank Holiday Monday.  
Have a lovely Sunday, everyone, and enjoy the gorgeous weather.  xx

12 comments:

  1. You don't have to blog every single day you know, we don't expect it! ;-) Sounds like you had a wonderful time, I can't remember the last time we ate in a Chinese restaurant. And if you can't have a lychee martini (never heard of that!) for your birthday, when can you? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! < big grin >
      I'm definitely going back there or, maybe, getting some as takeaway. It was so very delicious! xx

      Delete
  2. What a nice evening you had:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all sounds delicious - and a cocktail is always a highlight isn't it?
    It sounds like a a real treat - family, friends and good food 😍 X
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely. I rarely eat out in the evening, it's usually lunch time, so quite a treat.
      And that cocktail was - yummy! xx

      Delete
  4. Your. Earl out sounded delicious. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to go out occasionally, and your meal sounded delicious. A lovely treat. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. I had a lovely evening. xx

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a lovely evening with family and friends. The food sounds delicious and I just love the name 'Giggling Squid' .

    ReplyDelete