Thursday 2 May 2024

Wednesday evening, 01-05-24

 . . . well, Thursday morning, actually!  Sorry.  I was so very tired after the evening meeting.

Yesterday turned out to be quite a full day.  I decided to get my first May shop done and dusted as I was totally out of cheese and I thought I may as well do the full shop as just get one item!  As always, it was mostly fresh stuff with a few bits and bobs for the freezer.

When that was all sorted and put away, I started making dinner as I'd decided to swap meals round, given I had to be at a meeting at six.

Later on, I started reading through the paperwork for the meeting.  I was just going through the previous minutes when I read something to the effect that the Clerk had reminded us that we had agreed to do one training course/thingy per term and - guess what - I hadn't.

So I logged into the Governor Hub, went to the online training section and chose one that said two hours and which I thought I could get done reasonably within that time.
It was good although I did know much of it already so part of it was just ticking boxes but at least I did my bit.  And at the meeting we were told about a couple of online courses coming up that I think I would like to do too, so that's me sorted.  Cheers.
(And no, not everyone had done some training so I needn't have worried really but I'm glad it's done).

Then I whizzed off to personal training, the first of the new block so Lindsey had introduced a few new things - and I am aching a bit this morning!!

And then the meeting.  It was good and the Clerk is really adept at keeping us all on track and to time so they always finish by eight o'clock or soon after.  We're a jolly bunch so, despite serious things to discuss, we manage to have a laugh and a joke too.  I enjoy going.
Note to self - after sending this, go to Governor Hub and get those two training sessions booked in!

Now it is Thursday, the old Premium Bonds have given me a bit of cash, not loads and it's always reinvested but every little helps, doesn't it and I have another busy day.  I'll tell you about that this evening.

In the meanwhile, I hope you've had a good night's sleep and some pleasant dreams.  Take care and stay safe.  xx

10 comments:

  1. That was a busy day and look forward to hearing about your new training courses. I am off to the u3a Craft Group this morning and will be taught rather than do the teaching. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite serious ones - Governors have all sorts of responsibilities including contributing to complaints processes and permanent exclusion panels. Important to know what those responsibilities actually entail. xx

      Delete
  2. No wonder you were tired! Slow down, Joy - you're showing the rest of us up (well, me anyway) Have a good day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the Governors meeting as the Teacher rep, dire wasn't the word, dull, long and boring! I was so glad when my stint was up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a staff rep too, ages ago.
      As an academy in a MAT, we no longer have to trawl through pages and pages of finance as the Trust handles all of that. I think that makes a big difference. xx

      Delete
  4. Governors do a great job, I consider them unsung heroes x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we are a useful resource for the school. It's hands on and quite practical nowadays which is much better than it used to be. xx

      Delete
  5. Well done on the training AND the Premium Bonds!

    ReplyDelete