Tuesday 3 March 2020

Tuesday

Good morning!  It looks as if it might be a nice day today with a chilly start and finish and with sun in between.  I'll go with that!

Yesterday afternoon was quite busy, starting with knitter knatter.  One member of the club has really taken off with their knitting and after making a striped scarf that they can (and will) actually wear, they bought some thick, suede effect yarn and are busy knitting a blanket for a doll's bed.  The knitting bug has really bitten.
They're all doing well though and there were no mistakes or disasters to sort out after two missed weeks (half term and an INSET day).  They've really got it!

After helping out and back home again, I grabbed a late lunch before walking down the road to tuition which seemed to go well.

Also in that window of time, I did something that I've been thinking about for a while and booked a Monday to Friday break at Thoresby Hall in Nottinghamshire.  I was thinking of next month, as a sort of birthday gift to myself but it just didn't work out, what with having the windows replaced, dental stuff and just normal things in the diary.  I'm on holiday in Southwold in May and then one gets into the more expensive season.  So I will be going at the beginning of October when the weather should still be reasonably good.

Oh, and the ball candles arrived too!  That was quick.

Today is SW group and then I have a free day.  There's plenty to do though, starting with washing which, hopefully, will get a blow in the fresh air, before I get on with the tunic I'm making.  The fabric came from Burwash Manor, a collection of farm shops close to Cambridge.  Two years ago, I holidayed in Cambridge and had a pretty miserable time as the gall bladder played up most of the time; I vowed to go back once I was feeling better and never have so I must put it on the list!

Anyway, one of the places I went to was this Burwash Manor where there's a super fabric shop and this fabric was in the sale and the end of a roll so she let me have the last bit left after she measured off my order free.  So I'm finally making a top with it and all I have left to do is get the sleeves in and do the side seams and hems.  I will definitely be wearing this, it's really nice.

So that's today, hopefully a pleasant and productive one.  I hope yours is too.  xx


4 comments:

  1. I hope we are going to get a photo of the top. I must say I like tunic type tops better than shirt types.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it's finished, yes! They're certainly easier to make although I do want to tackle a shirt in order to learn how to do the collar at some point and I tend to wear shirts open and over a T shirt.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I hope you are pleased with your weigh in at SW. Please can we see photos of your candles stands with the ball candles in place? Oh, and the completed tunic top as well please 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was relieved! ;-)
      I will, when it's all complete, take a few photos.
      xx

      Delete