Monday 30 March 2020

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  It wasn't half cold yesterday; we even had a bit of snow/sleet/hail at times.  I was glad I could stay in and keep warm.

It was a much better day, thankfully - and thank you all for your lovely, supportive messages yesterday.  They truly helped considerably.

I got quite a lot done although not everything on my list (but that's OK, there's always today).
I got the fruit and veg in the fridge sorted out properly and dealt with a few things.
I had a bag of lemons, won in the slimmer of the week basket nearly a fortnight ago so I now have slices of lemon frozen for my sparkling water (I make it in my soda stream) and some to use this week from one that really was a bit too manky to keep.  I could have made lemon curd but I'm keeping off sugar based things as much as I can.
I got all the other veg more organised and into the nylon veg bags I have for that purpose.  There were a few bits and bobs that I prepped and froze - some mange tout and some sugar snap peas which will have to go into something long and slow cooked.
There were a few root vegetables that needed using and I made a tray of roasted root veg, some for yesterday, some for tonight and two portions for the freezer.
And now my fridge is a vision of loveliness!  Ha!

It was too cold to potter outside; I didn't even get the washing out because at that time white stuff was falling from the sky.  I cleared the ironing basket but, of course, there's now more to do today.

Finally, I spent the afternoon chatting for nearly an hour to Beth and then cutting out and starting to tack up the skirt I want to make.  I'll probably get it more or less finished today.  It's a very simple pattern.

I intend keeping busy again today.
Something energetic:
This will be PE with Joe and Lindsey's PT programme.  It really does help to do these although two years ago I'd never have believed I would ever say this.  Sometimes, maybe pigs do fly!
Depending on the weather, I might get out and do a bit of gardening - or I might not!  It feels so cold, that's the problem.  I never used to feel the cold like I do now and it takes ages to warm up again.

Something social:
Apart from the usual things, nothing extra today.  I don't need to go to Morrisons or anything like that.

Something in the house:
That bedroom cupboard is becoming a bit of an elephant in the room.  I know it needs doing but conveniently manage to avoid it.  It's top of the list today; if I get straight down to it after getting dressed, I'm sure it won't take too long.

Something relaxing/creative.
Socks (of course), getting on with the skirt, watching telly.  Sadly, I've finished the episodes of The Crown and the next lot won't be out until Autumn so I'll have to find another fix.
And I do want to give that pea planting a go!

Have a great day, whatever your plans are.  xx

12 comments:

  1. You seem to have got on with lots of things and staying inside was not a problem yesterday as the weather was atrocious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really wasn't great at times, was it, and such a very cold wind too! Brrrr.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Joy. I think winter has returned for a while. It means I will finally be getting around to sorting out the craft room. I always find things I had completely forgotten buying so it is usually good fun once I start. Stay safe. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning, Cherie. It feels so cold, that's the thing - really not nice.
      Enjoy your clear-out and I look forward to hearing what treasures you find there.
      xx

      Delete
    2. My 17th day in. Glad you liked The Crown. My family can go to grocery later in week. They have been in since grand arrived from u k. We r taking this seriously and self isolating. They will remain in isolation exc pick up food. Stay safe

      Delete
    3. I'm glad everyone is taking it seriously around you. There's always some fools who don't/won't and they are very dangerous at the moment.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It's very cold here today as well - I have turned the heating back up.

    Would you recommend The Crown? I tend to use Netflix for the films and haven't really looked at the TV shows on there, except for Doctor Who of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't turned mine off yet. :-)
      Yes, I would. OK, there's a lot of interpretation in it but it's great.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I like how you schedule your days, Joy! I am starting to go a bit stir crazy staying in but we did go for a drive today and got take out which we ate in our car so that really helped. I need to schedule my day a bit more and see if that helps. Continue to enjoy your days and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're only allowed to drive out for certain specific things - food shopping, medical stuff or supporting the vulnerable (like doing their shopping, getting them medication, etc). I'm glad you were able to do something that helped.
      I honestly think staying busy helps a lot too.
      xx

      Delete