Friday 13 April 2012

Honey, mustard and lime salmon with red pepper and cucumber

OK, I'll be honest here - I set out to make a recipe from Rosemary Conley's April Diet and Fitness magazine but found that I didn't have all the ingredients so I slightly adapted.  However the main credit must go to Ms Conley.  There's lots of good recipes in the April edition so get it!  :0)  I did look online for the recipe but couldn't find it.

So . . .
Honey, mustard and lime salmon with red pepper and cucumber.
Looks colourful, doesn't it?


Ingredients:
1 salmon fillet
1/4 of a red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips.
about 1/6 of a cucumber, peeled and cut into strips like the pepper
salt and pepper
a squidge of runny honey
a small dollop of dijon mustard
a good tbsp lime juice (and some zest, if you have it - I used bottled lime juice)
half a small, mild, red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped

crushed new potatoes to serve

Method:
heat the oven to 200C
Place the red pepper and cucumber strips in a small ovenproof dish and season with salt and pepper
Lay the salmon fillet over, skin side down.  You can take off the skin first but it actually comes off a lot easier once the fish is cooked.
Combine the honey, mustard, lime juice and chopped chilli and gently pour over the salmon, making sure every bit of the salmon has some on.

Place in the oven and bake, uncovered, for about 15 mins, until the salmon is just cooked.  It didn't need basting but you can, if you like.

I served it with new potatoes which I crushed with the back of a spoon and I poured the juices from the oven dish over the potato.  And very nice it was too, which is why I'm sharing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment