Sunday 6 August 2023

Sunday, 06-08-23

Morning, everyone.  It looks a lot nicer this morning after a shocking awful day yesterday with some torrential rain and the temperature dropped so much I got the oodie out again and wore it all day.  OK, so it wasn't anywhere near freezing, of course, but it was chilly, damp and 'orrible!

The sun is shining and the sky is clear.  Lovely!


I can't wait (but will have to) for these to ripen.  They hang more like grapes than tomatoes but are pear shaped and should ripen to yellow.  They should be so nice so come on summer, where are you?

The early morning SET class was great - I appreciate being to access it online but at the studio just has such a good vibe.  By the time it finished, it was starting to rain a bit and by mid morning, that was it until late afternoon when the sun came out for a while.  Then it clouded over again, the wind got up and that was it.  Understandably, the walk didn't happen.  I missed the last one too as I was committed to something else.  Oh, well.

It was a nice, cosy day though, once I'd out my faithful oodie on and bed in the evening was good and snuggly with the electric blanket keeping things warm.   The main issue is that it's not November though, it is August.  It's predicted to improve soon - fingers crossed.

Today there's absolutely nothing in the diary and nothing much that needs doing that urgently so I'm going to have a lazy me day.  I might dig out an old DVD or something and just chill.  If it stays nice, there's a bit of weeding to do, especially around the front.  I'll see how the spirit moves.

I hope it's nice where you are today and that you can have a lovely Sunday.  xx

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely cozy day yesterday and a nice relaxing day today 😊 Sadly I'm battling depression and DIY here in Wales (but for a change, not also facing rain) so my day won't be as peaceful but I hope to find time for some chilling later! Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find some me time too and feel a little less down - is the DIY complicated?
      Much love
      xx

      Delete
    2. Chrissie, I hope the DIY isn't too onerous and occupies your mind for a while xx

      Delete
  2. Today's weather promises to be better than of late . With the awful weather we've been having I plan to do three things each day. Today's are to get all the washing blowing on the line, finish the last door in the lounge and glue some felt under the plant pots so they don't scratch the newly painted windowsill. The long awaited job list is really getting less - one happy me but I would prefer a proper summer!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be lovely to have some longer spells of warm (not hot) sunshine. We can hope.
      How lovely to be so close to finishing the lounge. You must be so chuffed!
      And seeing washing drying on the line is one of life's big little pleasures, I think.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I do hope your tomatoes ripen - they look such lovely specimens. It's not raining here - yet! We had plenty yesterday and it was very chilly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they will. After coming on really well, all my tomatoes are slow to ripen - lack of sunshine and warmth, I expect. They do look nice, don't they? xx

      Delete
  4. It's not been cold here, although certainly cooler than it should be! The amount of rain has been depressing, though. At least it's not raining today. I bet your tomatoes will be lovely when they finally ripen. Have a lovely 'me' day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's been really pleasant this morning. It's clouded over a bit but no rain so I'm grateful.
      I think 'cold' is comparative - I felt cold which is different from it being cold. :-)

      Thanks, Sooze - you too. xx

      Delete
  5. A nice day here , warmer than of late but started off chilly. I was wrapped in a blanket watching tv last night and the windows were all misted up this morning - sure sign of low overnight temperatures
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's going to be nicer this coming week - says BBC Weather. Fingers crossed . . .
      Blankets are lovely!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Funny old weather, a few weeks ago we were gasping for rain .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always go on about the weather - we're British!! < grin >
      xx

      Delete
  7. Your tomatoes look lovely! I hope they ripen soon so you can enjoy them. I planted two tomato plants and they have given me enough tomatoes to make several jars fo chutney and some to freeze, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely is that! The cheery ones are coming in very nicely now, keeping me supplied for salad, stc. The larger ones are slower but they will - I ike freezing them just as they are with the skins removed.
      xx

      Delete
  8. All my tomatoes are still green too, I was literally watching them in the sunshine yesterday and willing them to start changing colour ... they paid no attention to me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be very obstinate. Mine are just starting to look less green - so maybe soon. We need warmth and sunshine and so do they! :-) xx

      Delete
  9. Sounds like it's been quite chilly! I might want to think about packing some warm clothes for my visit! Hope it warms up a little soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather chilly morning and evening, Sharon. Down to single figure temps at times, almost mild winter style. xx

      Delete