Sunday 13 August 2023

Sunday, 13-07-23

Good morning, one and all, and a very happy Sunday to everyone.  The sun is playing hokey cokey at the moment and the forecast is for a bit of rain but also quite a lot of fine and sunny weather too so it's fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Yesterday ended up a very 'odd' day.  
I had a very early message from Beth telling me that there had been a bit of a medical emergency over Friday night and Alex had been bluelighted to our local A&E following a dramatic faint and several spells of super low blood pressure and heart rate.  They were home again , Alex was stable again and they were sure he was OK, tests showed nothing but he needs to see his GP this week for further tests and try not to worry.  (I wish!)
(Was that why I didn't sleep well that night?  Who knows.)

He was fine all day yesterday although a bit battered and bruised from when he fainted rather spectacularly through Beth's bedroom door - no, not literally through, he knocked it open - and subsequent attempts to take blood for testing (they couldn't - he is like Beth in that way).  Poor man, he hates needles and really wasn't happy at all.
Beth said the paramedics were superb, the resus team were waiting for him so there was no hanging around in A&E and all in all, thank goodness for our wonderful NHS service.  But there's no arguing that Friday night was not an experience either of them want to go through again in any kind of hurry.

I'm taking my BP monitor over later this morning - Alex may as well have some current readings for when he sees his GP.

So, one way and another, that mucked up the day.  I didn't go round - they both just wanted space and time to try to relax and sleep - but I did have an online chat with Beth.  Just a short one as she was tired and aching all over.
We didn't have the fish and chips - I suppose we could have met without Beth but that seemed very mean and anyway I wasn't in the mood either so we have rescheduled.  No problem.

After that drama of a day, I'm hoping that when I go over, all will be well.

And I am hoping for a calm and gentle day today doing nothing very much and not worrying.  For all of us.
Take care.  xx

18 comments:

  1. Oh dear, that's what you could call a dramatic entrance!! Poor Alex, glad nothing serious amiss was found, but still worth investigating further. Sorry you all had such a fright so fingers & paws, toes & claws, firmly crossed that it was a one off. Best wishes! Annabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was, wasn't it! Small wonder he is bruised, bless him. xx

      Delete
  2. A nasty experience like that has an impact on everyone and is exhausting. I hope all goes smoothly now and answers and solutions can be found. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god, what a horrible time for you all! Very worrying for you all but I'm glad they didn't find anything serious in the initial testing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, I didn't know anything about it until afterwards but poor Beth . . . she's going to be very stressed about it, isn't she? Thanks, Chrissie, hopefully it was nothing, maybe just dehydration or something xx

      Delete
  4. Hope everything is ok Joy, thinking of you all. Good idea to let him borrow your BP monitor, it will also be peace of mind.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm hoping that. I suspe4ct the GP will want him to monitor it for a wh8ile anyway and may as well share. xx

      Delete
  5. Crikey, that's a worry. No wonder you didn't sleep well. Hope there are no further episodes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about it until afterwards so, if that was the reason, it was subconscious/empathic, not overt. Who knows, eh? xx

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear about the health concerns.
    A quiet Sunday here in rural Wales, perhaps a dog walk in a while :-)
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds absolutely lovely - I hope you have really enjoyed it. xx

      Delete
  7. I hope that Alex keeps improving, what a scary thing to happen.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Alex. I do hope he will be okay. That must have been very worrying for you all. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I didn't know until it was pretty much over but poor Beth obviously found it very stressful and difficult. He feels fine now as far as I know. xx

      Delete