Tuesday 29 August 2023

Tuesday, 29-08-23

 Morning, everyone.  When I went out to do the early morning tomato pick, it felt a bit chilly and smelled very autumnal.  You know what I mean - a bit smoky and 'leafy'.  I love that smell, it's so evocative.

I got a fair bit done (gentle!!!) yesterday including two lots of washing and some more leaflet posting.  No sign of Peter yet - it's all very worrying and sad.

The biggie was paying the rest of the cruise money.  Now I am up to date and feeling impoverished.  lol  Diane's going to pay hers in the next couple of days (well, she has to) and then it is really on.  Woo hoo.

Today, I'm off into town first thing to collect those new glasses and then I will be home to get on with some ironing and other housework.  And that's about it.  They say there's a mini 'heatwave' coming to start September off.  Mind you - I'm really not sure around 26C is a heatwave, just pleasantly summery but maybe it is compared to what we have been getting.  Today is supposed to be pleasant enough and no rain until evening.

And I am sure I will snooze at some point after a bad night (not back related) and am very thankful that I can.  
Have a great day, everyone.  xx

10 comments:

  1. A restorative daytime nap is good and may mean that you sleep better tonight. It's lovely to have the opportunity to snooze, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, for sure. At the moment I'm fine but I'm sure it will hit after lunch! :-)

      Delete
  2. I thought exactly the same as I stepped outside, yesterday…I could smell autumn! I do hope that we get a good September, weather wise, as July and August have been pretty ‘ropey’! Have a good day! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've not been the best, have they? So much up and down although it was nice not to have to worry about any water shortages.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It definitely feels like Autumn here, a few warm weeks in September would be lovely. But what a shame the children will all be back at school then. We have had so much rain this month, it's been a washout for families on holiday round here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always seems to be the way, doesn't it. Lovely weather in June and July during the summer term and lovely weather in September at The start of the Autumn term. It is a shame indeed.
      It's not so great today. No rain but it has clouded over and feels chilly. Snuggle time this evening, I guess, because the heating ain't going on for a couple of months yet!! xx

      Delete
  4. There is definitely a change in the air.
    Also, I can empathise with that impoverished feeling. I've just had to buy Lily's new school shoes! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ouch!! I well remember those days! That dreadful month when they both needed shows at the beginning of a month and one of them (having a growth spurt) needed new ones right at the end of the same month. Thank goodness for family allowance!
      xx

      Delete
  5. I hope the weekends have the lovely weather (and the days at school, not too much!!!) I can feel the change in the air but I am definitely mourning summer already!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is suddenly pretty much done and over, isn't it? I love all the seasons in their different ways but it's sad when summer is over or nearly so. xx

      Delete