Sunday 27 August 2023

Sunday, 27-08-23

Morning, one and all.  It's sunny again and fingers crossed it stays around a bit longer than it did yesterday although, you know, good for the garden, etc.

I didn't get those sheets sorted yesterday but today I must do, rain or not.  I've decided that my mattress is not terribly helpful at the moment and, as I have two excellent mattresses on the beds in the guest room, I am going to swap one of them them and then look for a replacement.  I'll be very slow and very careful, I promise, and if I only get half done, there's the other bed in the guest room I can sleep on so no worries.  But it needs doing and that's for sure.

Then I can wash those sheets!

Apart from that, I did very little yesterday.  The meal out didn't come off so that's on the cards for another time.

Today, apart from the mattress shifting which will take ages, I expect, is another gentle day with nothing in that diary so I can rest up and take life slowly.  Looking forward to it.
Have a lovely time too, everyone, and stay safe.  xx

15 comments:

  1. Mattress shifting sounds a bit risky - go carefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but lesser of two evils. I don't think my current mattress is helping much at all.
      One of the few disadvantages of solo living. xx

      Delete
  2. Yes go easy with the mattress shifting - could you not decamp into the guest room for a few days until you are fully recovered or until someone can give you a hand?
    Enjoy the good weather - my line is full of fresh smelling fabrics!!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of that but my bedroom is my comfort place with all my happy stuff - electric blanket, chargers, etc. Yes, I could move it all but it seemed better to do the mattresses really.

      Delete
  3. Do be careful. Shifting mattresses is trying at the best of times. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very careful, I don't want another week like last week. xx

      Delete
  4. Oh please don't overdue, a setback would be the last thing you need. Couldn't Alex or Beth help you? Annabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'overdo' !! Predictive strikes again!

      Delete
    2. I thought of that but they have their own worries at the moment and want to stay close to home. I managed and it was fine - just took for ever. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Get someone to help you girl, you help so many people do other things all the time. ASK!!

    Apart from yelling at you, I do hope you have a good day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > Trouble is, I'm an independent kinda girl! xx

      Delete
  6. Glad you managed to swap the mattress over without mishap. Makes all the difference to a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. Hopefully, it will help. I'll know tomorrow morning. xx

      Delete
  7. So glad you managed the change over. There is absolutely no way I could even move mine off the bed.

    I did manage to change the sheets without having to rest my back today. Progress!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I couldn't even think of changing sheets last week so it's definitely an improvement. Perhaps it will be easier after you have had a rest away. I do hope so, a bad back is an absolute misery. xx

      Delete