Thursday 31 August 2023

Thursday, 31-08-25

Good morning, everyone.    It was sunny earlier but now it's clouding over.  Mind you, that happened yesterday but apart from a very few drops of rain, it was a lovely day.  We will see.

It was a three load drying day yesterday.  One load was very small but even so - great!  It was a two load ironing day too - I have just a few things to finish today and, to be honest, I only did them because I need them before I'm likely to have a full load again.

The session with Lindsey was helpful.  She gave me a short sequence of exercises, very careful and gentle, and made sure I was doing them accurately and was mindful of what muscle was working for each one.  I feel confident that they will be very helpful.  The massage was also helpful and loosened things up nicely.
It's now a fortnight until the next PT session so we will see how much it all helps.

Today is a quiet day.  Chris is round in about half an hour for an early chat, I have that ironing to do and I think I can safely get that mattress onto one of the the guest beds and make it up again.  I will also do the duvet swap - it's getting quite chilly over night and I was much cosier in pjs last night instead of the cooler nighties.
Are you finding the same or is it just me?

I also want to place a takeaway order.  Tomorrow evening, Anna and Dave are coming round and we're getting Indian takeaway.
I find they are much fussier - I mean, more particular - about their takeaways than I am (to be fair, I hardly ever have them anyway) so it's easier to let them choose, knowing that I will enjoy it anyway.  So I have a list of things to order and will get that done today.
They're bringing the drinks, which is nice.

The last thing that I have to do is make my shopping list for tomorrow.  New month so I will need various longer term things like loo rolls, etc.

Well, better stop rambling and do a bit of tidying up before Chris gets here although I'm sure she wouldn't mind how messy it was.  I'm umming and ahing about whether to sit outside or not as it's a bit dull and cool.  We got into that habit when lockdown eased and people could meet outside, socially distanced - do you remember.
We'll decide when she gets here.

Have a lovely Thursday, everyone.  xx

14 comments:

  1. It's definitely not sitting out weather here. We're contemplating lighting the fire - there's a limit to how many layers we can wear and still move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stayed inside. It was just a bit too chilly. It sounds really cold your way. xx

      Delete
  2. It's pouring with rain here in the South West. I have just dropped our dog at the groomers, he is almost ready for a shampoo without the wash! I hope you enjoy your Indian tonight, yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tomorrow night and I've placed the order - it all sounds delicious and I'm very much looking forward to it. xx

      Delete
  3. I believe summer is set to make a return here this week! And to think I've been busy in the garden all morning, making preparations for the colder months :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so they say. I do hope so, it would be lovely. xx

      Delete
  4. How organised you are. I agree, mornings and evenings are decidedly chilly although I think we may have a few days of warmer weather coming up - the hoped for ' Indian Summer '
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum and dad would have laughed at that first comment - I think I have become more so recently, just because it does make life easier! :-) xx

      Delete
  5. It's been a mixture of lovely warm sunshine and grey threatening clouds today. September tomorrow and before we know it the nights will be dark at 4pm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost two months before the clocks go back - but it will go so quickly!
      No rain here but really chilly. xx

      Delete
  6. It's pretty chilly here today, I managed to get a small line of clothes dried and put away ... no ironing for me EVER. :-)

    I hope you enjoy your takeaway, they are nicer when you don't have them too regular aren't they. I only ever have curry sauce and boiled rice, or maybe the occasional Paratha, if Alan goes to the Indian restaurant ... I'm a cheap date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't not iron - everything would be so creased. Maybe I pick the wrong fabrics!!
      Yes, they're much nicer for being so occasional - and having it with Anna and Dave will be a real treat too. xx

      Delete
    2. I used to think that until I met Alan, then he admitted that he only ever ironed his work shirts. Realising that he never looked crumpled I tried it for myself. As long as you fold or hang things as soon as they come off the line (peg them out carefully too) any creases are gone by the time you get them out to wear them. Think of how much time I have saved myself in the 19 years that we've been together ... and how much time I wasted ironing my ex-husbands cotton boxers!!

      Delete
    3. I never iron underwear!!! :-) xx

      Delete