Monday 7 August 2023

Monday, 07-08-23

Good morning, everyone.  Here we are, back at Monday again, the second week in August, pretty much, and it looks as if it will be a really pleasant day - week, in fact, as the forecast is very promising.  Nice!!

The fig that I thought the cold weather had killed and nearly threw out.  I am very glad I didn't. 

Yesterday was the laziest day I have had in a long while.  I slept an awful lot and still slept well all night so must have needed it.  I watched telly, read, knitted, cooked meals, planned meals for next week and generally totally chilled.  Lovely!

Today is a bit burier.  I'm off into town in a while to pick up my new glasses and then I'm going to have a good old wander around parts of town.  I might even treat myself to a coffee, something I generally don't do when I'm on my own.

When I get home, there will be the usual homey stuff before going off to Lindsey's for personal training which has changed to Monday's over August.  And that is about it.  It will be nice to get my new glasses and looking around town is always fun because I hardly ever do it nowadays.

Hoping you all have a lovely day too.  xx

10 comments:

  1. This sunny day is welcome! I have a lovely morning ahead of me - I'm meeting up with a teaching collegue I've not seen since lockdown began.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How absolutely lovely. Have a wonderful day. xx

      Delete
  2. My fig tree is definitely dead. It seemed to be doing well. I even got a few figs last year but it hasn't survived. I kept checking it and hoping to see some signs of life but nope. Funny how some plants just randomly die after doing well. Enjoy your day in town! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad, Ali. Poor plant. It is odd, I agree. Some flowering perennials haven't come up this year round the back but the front has been absolutely fine. xx

      Delete
  3. We had a splendid and productive fig tree for several years and then it just up and died. Odd!
    Son-in-law and son are coming today so that will be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A shame about the fig but have a lovely time with your family. xx

      Delete
  4. Your Fig tree is looking very healthy again now. Our has done brilliantly this year, in fact at the moment Alan can't keep up with eating all the fruits as they have pretty much ripened all at once ( I hate figs almost as much as mushrooms). I think the trick with ours was moving it's pot against the house wall, which absorbs the heat of the sun all day and keeps the tree warmer through part of the evening.

    I hope you have a good day, and yes get yourself a coffee, there's something very relaxing about sitting on your own with a coffee and people watching for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is going in the garden room this winter - it should be up and in use by then.
      In the end I didn't, I treated myself to some retail therapy and then came home again. My choice.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Glad you had a nice restful day. We all need those lazy days once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt loads brighter on Monday (yesterday) so I think it was needed, for sure. xx

      Delete