Saturday 26 August 2023

Saturday, 26-08-23

Good morning, everyone.  It's a lovely, sunny start to Saturday and I'm hoping it stays around for a little while.  It feels very restful.

I haven't posted any photos for a while but took these three snaps around my frankly messy and disheveled back garden half an hour ago.  The weeds have really taken advantage of my inability to bend over and pull them out of the paving cracks but their time will come.  Not sure when, but I will get my own back!

Anyway, view from top left, to lower to top right.  I couldn't get them side by side without making them too small.  Apologies for the tattiness but it is nearly Autumn and this is Real!  :-)


Yesterday was a really pleasant day.
We had Jen back to lead the group.  The consultants who filled in were both lovely but there's no-one like Jen really (I'm sure most groups say the same about their consultants).

I had gained half a pound but through yesterday the bunged-upness resolved itself and this morning (on my own scales) I was three pounds down.  Bit frustrating but it should show next week.

Sharon turned up, gave me the usual expert attention, we had a good old chat and now I feel loads better.  We also set the dates for the rest of the year, working back from the week before the cruise, so that's all settled.

And then the cleaners came so everywhere is nice and shiny.

As for the back, it continues to ease.  I only took one lot of meds, first thing and, today, I'm going to try none and see how it goes.  Yes, it is sore/achey most of the time with the occasional reminder to be careful but nowhere near the fist half of the week and that's without meds so it's all good.

There's very little in the diary today.  I want to change my bedding though - I didn't last week for obvious reasons and it doesn't feel nice.  It's a great drying day at the moment so let's go for it.

I might be eating out this evening but, right now, I am assuming not and planning meals accordingly.

In between sporadic activity, I am going to read and watch rubbish.  I have the new SW magazine to devour and I have a book called 'A Southwold Mystery' which is one of those 'group of odd characters get together to solve a murder' type things and quite witty in a very understated way.

Have a lovely day yourself.  Do you have any special plans?  xx

10 comments:

  1. Nice quiet day for me. My husband left at seven for a motocross event so I walked our little rescue dog who was most confused as 'Dad' always walks him in the morning. Ex son in law married at Gretna Green yesterday, his children both went so my daughter had the dog Thursday and Friday, I have him today until my grandson calls in for him later. He was the family dog originally so is quite happy with me. Good excuse to read a book as it's wet outside at present, calls for another coffee shortly. Hope you enjoy your day and maybe a meal out later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely and peaceful for you. Definitely reading with a fresh coffee is called for, followed by more of the same . . . lovely. xx

      Delete
  2. You're definitely on the mend - that's good. Be careful with the bed stripping! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely. Thanks.
      I've deferred the bed until tomorrow - being sensible (and, most likely, lazy!!!)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Today I have sorted through my kniting and sewing things as a friend was delivering several bagfulls of fabric, wool and craft materials for me - I really did need to sort my stuff out before I added to it!
    Glad the back is steadily improving.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, Suze. A good sort out really helps. xx

      Delete
  4. I harvested a few items out of the garden, processed those items as well. Tomorrow I hope to make stuffed peppers and dehydrate more herbs and perhaps some peppers. Little bites of what needs to be completed before we leave.

    I am glad your back is slowly easing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done - you're getting there. When do you leave? xx

      Delete
  5. Rain here so an indoor day for me. I did get caught up on a few neglected chores but mostly read. Hope your recovery continues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had rain here too, sadly. It was an up and down day. Mostly reading sounds lovely! xx

      Delete