Friday 25 August 2023

Friday

 Morning, everyone.  How's the week been for you?  Crazy to think that we are only one week/seven days away from September, the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness (I know that's Autumn, but you know what I mean).

We did have some rain yesterday but it cheered up later morning so I got my washing out on the line (carefully) and even got all the ironing done (slowly).  I was very pleased about that.

The weekly chat with Chris was lovely.  It'll be here at mine next week although I think it is about time for lunch out maybe.  I'll see what she thinks.

I'm afraid yesterday I was a bit naughty.  I had got very low on certain veg and on fruit generally but didn't want to test too far by pushing a trolley around Morrisons.  Amazon Fresh doesn't deliver round here (said the Internet) so I did a Deliveroo shop.  NOT cheap but apart from that I was very impressed - half an hour after I sent the order, the delivery person was on the doorstep.  And now I am OK for fruit and veg over the weekend.  
Not something I would do that often but as a one off in time of need, extremely helpful.

That was about it really.  Things are improving very slowly and I managed to stay off the pain-killers all day, just having some first thing and early evening.  That's a decided improvement and I do feel better for it this morning, I think.  
I'll probably take some before going out to Slimming World and then see how the day goes.

There's two - no, four - things scheduled for today.
The first is Slimming World, of course.
Then I have to just tidy up a bit for the cleaners.  If I take it slowly and carefully, that should be OK.
Thirdly, the lovely Sharon is round to sort out my hair again.  Looking forward to that.
And finally, the cleaners, those lovely ladies who make my home all shiny clean!

I've just thought of another - I need to move some money from long term savings to pay the balance for the cruise.  Excitingly ouch!

Well, I'd better get started by drying my hair.  It is an early-ish start on Fridays as we are still having to use the temporary venue for Slimming World.  Two more weeks and we are back where we were as they have managed to get the repairs done at long, long last!
So I will love you and leave you with hopes that you all have a lovely day.  xx

18 comments:

  1. So glad you are beginning to move around without too much discomfort. Looks like we have a good drying day today so the washing machine will be humming away today especially since I came home yesterday!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely good drying weather today again and I'm going to change my sheets (carefully) today and take advantage of it. :-)

      Welcome home.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Good to here things are improving although slower than you would like I guess. Just keep moving slowly and carefully and don't do anything silly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do my best! Don't want another week like this one if I can avoid it.
      Thanks, Sue. xx

      Delete
  3. I'm having a haircut today as well, looking forward to that, it's getting in my eyes and sticking to my neck as the weather's so muggy right now. Glad to hear your back pain is easing off.....unfortunately, mine's been getting worse this week so it's back to regular doses of painkillers for me. Hey ho. Have a good time at SW. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really sorry to read this - you have my sincere sympathies. It's really not nice.
      We must both feel much more groomed and comfortable again now our hair is tamed. xx

      Delete
  4. Glad things are improving, and today sounds like a good day! I envy the hair cut, my head is a mess since chemo but I'm hoping to be able to get it cut in a couple of months or so

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nuisance. I suppose it must take a fair time to grow from nothing at all. Will you just have it neatened off or will you have it styled in some way? xx

      Delete
  5. It's good that you're managing to reduce the painkillers. The careful, slow moving around is probably good therapy, too. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think so and I'm resting a lot too - which is rather boring but necessary. It's all good. xx

      Delete
  6. Glad the pain is easing off in your back. Continue to take things easy and don't be tempted to do too much :-) Must be a day for hair cuts as I'm having mine done today too. I have just been helping my husband harvest some potatoes at our allotment so a shower is called for first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather - that indeed is the temptation so actually it is quite good that it still aches as a reminder really.

      I hope you enjoyed your hair cut as much as I did. xx

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you are continuing to improve. Enjoy getting your hair cut. I remember you say that you always feel much better afterwards. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. Yes, always, a bit of pampering works wonders on the old ego and, since I had it cut short, it looks so nice. I think it does, anyway! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  8. Now and again there's no harm in paying a few quid for the convenience of quick delivery , especially when you've been suffering with your back.
    Have a nice haircut - always good for a boost.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's what I thought. It was so good to have some nice fresh fruit to choose from again as well. Not something to do often but good to know there's an option and such a quick delivery too. I was amazed.
      xx

      Delete
  9. I am so glad your back is feeling so much better. Now that I am not bent over cutting fabric mine seems to be a bit better as well. Mind you I still have to harvest the garden, and water so I could be popping another pain pill after that.

    Spending a bit to get a delivery isn't too bad, I don't know about you, but if I am in a store sometimes a few extra things end up in the cart....

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear, do be careful. Yes, harvesting can really take a toll. I do hope your back doesn't feel too rough afterwards.

      I do try very hard not to add extras to the trolley but - well, it happens. I reckon they jump in when I'm not looking. LOL
      xx

      Delete