Sunday 20 August 2023

Sunday, 20-08-23

 Morning, everyone!  So here was are starting the last third of August and autumn is definitely beckoning from just round the corner.  Yesterday was lovely after a cloudy start and today looks like being much the same.  Bring it on!

I did a montage of the cucumbers to go with the tomato one.  There are actually more babies than this.  Counting them was a bit like trying to count those standing stones in Ireland - they say it is impossible.  After over a week of no flowers, they have decided to get their act together again.  I keep seeing more, some very tiny, some obviously determined to stay around and grow.  
I feel a glut coming on!
That big one will be ready to cut in a few days, just in time because I had two in the fridge but the second one is nearly finished and has lost most of its crunch.

I'm glad I didn't try doing SET yesterday.  The walk was much better for the back and, while it's still sore, it is now sore without meds, rather than with meds.  Big improvement.   And if I sit up and use my core muscles, and when I'm moving around gently, it is also much better.  It's the transitions really.  So that's very good.

So, the walk was lovely, very chatty and very happy and the weather was just perfect.  Warm, not hot, sunny and with a gentle breeze.  It couldn't have been better had we ordered it from Harrods!  :-)

The rest of the day was very chilled.  I did some tomato processing and pottered in the kitchen making a pizza base and toppings for lunch and, after lunch, I am not ashamed to say that I dozed off and had a delightful snooze.

I have been umming about going into town to pick up my glasses but I think I will leave that for tomorrow morning as I'm giving Family Circuits a miss.  I can go in early (no school run to complicate things), pick up the glasses, have a little wander around and come home when I want to.

Today, I have some washing to do so will take advantage of the continuing nice weather.  The sun is hiding right now but it'll be fine again soon, just in time for the first load to go out on the line.

Then, this afternoon, I'm over to Beth's for coffee and chat.  She has something for me that's exciting - no, I'm not saying what and I may not bring it home anyway, I think it's really for Christmas, but she wants to show me.

And, of course, somewhere there is a football match that everyone is talking about!  Good luck, Lionesses!!
( UK readers, are you watching the football or not?  )

Have a great day, all.  xx



10 comments:

  1. I hope your back continues to improve, back pain is so debilitating isn't it - and annoying when you need to get on and do things. Lovely lot of produce. Ooh, exciting thing at Beth's! And no I won't be watching the football, I'm not a fan of it, male or female. Have a lovely day, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly a right nuisance but, thankfully, easing off day by day. I just need to be sensible.
      You have a lovely day too, Sooze, and thank you. xx

      Delete
  2. Christmas gifts in August!! Whatever next! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, only just over four months to go . . . lol.
      Shocking, innit (Essex girl, me!!) ;-) xx

      Delete
  3. No, we're not football fans, so we didn't watch it. It is a shame they didn't win - it would have shown up the men even more . . . x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I walk quite often when my back starts hurting, it does seem to help a little.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't watch the match at all, I am sport phobic ... all sports, but I did check on the result on my phone. They did well to get to the final, and the snippet of the match I saw them in at my Mum's last week showed them to be good players. Sorry to hear that your back is still so sore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. One of those things really.
      I am totally ignorant about football but everyone says they are very good so no argument from me. :-) xx

      Delete