Friday 30 December 2022

Friday, 30-12-22

 Morning, everyone.  I'm really sorry about yesterday's non-appearance.  Those of you who read both blogs will know that I posted on the other one but not here.
I wish my sleep patterns would settle back down.  I'm guessing it is because I've been eating and drinking all the wrong things and it's thoroughly unsettled my system.  I haven't been exercising properly, or getting much in the way of fresh air either.  Not good.

Yesterday was quiet apart from when Beth popped round to collect a couple of gifts I had for a friend and those presents she left behind after Boxing Day.  I stayed in and slept, mostly, between catching up on Christmas recordings.  Very lazy and definitely not good for me!

Yesterday's twelve Days of Christmas gifts was a couple of 'slabs' of very nice hand made soap.  They came from a nice shop in the Peak District shopping place in Rowsley, bought during my holiday there in September.
I'm already using one of them and the scent id gorgeous.  I love citrus aromas.
Today's gift is these two small bottles of flavoured vinegars.  I can use them as dressings and will look up some recipes/mixes.












Today starts with Slimming World.
Poor Jen: on Christmas Eve she was told that she wasn't going to be able to hire the hall for the foreseeable future.  Whatever caused the flooding, it sounds as if longer term damage has been done.  Of course, this last week has been the very worst time of year to get hold of anyone, let along hire anywhere else.
Today we're back at the place the Wednesday groups use and it will just be a weigh and go.  Jen will be looking for alternative places.  As I have a big downstairs, I offered my house as a temporary thing but SW  'Central Office' have said not allowed.  Insurance issues, I expect.

After that, I have a home to get in order.  No cleaners this week so I will have to get my act together.  As Beth and Alex are staying overnight tomorrow, I have two beds to make up and I MUST do some washing and so on.
Life has to get back to normal again, the sooner the better, I reckon.

How has this week been for you?  Have you spent it feasting, fasting or asleep?  Is it a relief to get back to a more normal routine again?
Take care and stay safe.  xx


12 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to normality and making new plans. I never got to visit Derbyshire this year at Christmas for about the first time ever - I usually find a few little gifts there like your soap and the villages and shops are all so beautifully decorated. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2023.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A shame you didn't get to visit - I can imagine it would be simply beautiful.
      Next year, hopefully . . . xx

      Delete
  2. I too am feeling tired and just want to sleep. I keep napping during the day and then can't sleep well at night. January's priority is to sort out my sleeping pattern and get back to my normal diet. It's the effect of too much sugar, I think.

    It's been an odd sort of week. I'd planned to be meeting with people but Covid and other illnesses changed all of that so I have spent time thinking about plans for next year. It hasn't been wasted time, just different and not really that festive.

    I'm glad to see you back posting today. 😊 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely put it down to poor diet. Hopefully, not I have had my weigh in (ouch), that will propel me forward into a much healthier lifestyle again. The same for you too.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Agree, we are feeling a little lacklustre and tired, crawling back to normal routines and enjoying that. Christmas is lovely but thank goodness it's self limiting!
    Love the soaps, I'm into soapmaking at the moment so like all things soapy x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Self limiting - that's a good way to describe it, thanks.
      The soap is just lovely. Good luck with your homemade ones. I bet they are just perfect. xx

      Delete
  4. Your soaps look lovely, and as I have some similar ones bought for me for Christmas seeing yours has made me realise how much I am missing the scent of them all. Having a completely non-sense of smell is frustrating.

    To answer your question I have been sleeping less than usual, eating a lot less than usual and generally being really lazy watching television. We binge-watched all twelve episodes of the first two series of Happy Valley over four evenings in readiness for the new one launching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be a real pain - as you say, frustrating in more than just the food sense. Fingers crossed it returns pronto.
      Your week sounds rather nice really. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. I received some balsamic vinegars for Christmas. Strawberry, blueberry, and an orange one. They are delicious. Your soap looks so pretty, it must smell good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the raspberry one on a salad today and it was delicious - no oil needed. Yours sound amazing.
      Yes, the soap smells wonderful, as does the bathroom! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Morning Joy. I'm with you on eating and drinking all the wrong things but I don't regret a single morsel that passed my lips. I haven't been able to blog due to the blimmin awful signal but I've enjoyed reading all your posts. Have a wonderful 2023. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you, I really do, but fingers crossed you are able to sort it out soon. I have enjoyed the festive food, just not the way it has made me feel. :-) xx

      Delete