Saturday 17 December 2022

Saturday: Blogmas day 17

 Good morning, everyone.  I can't believe how cold it is right now at half past four and I'm very thankful that the condensate pipe seems to be behaving itself (fingers crossed) right now; the heating is on (and seems to have been on low all night which must have helped) and I don't need to go out in the dark, in pjs and oodie to do the kettle thing!!

Yesterday ended up a very, very lazy day indeed.  I did a bit of housework, etc and spent the rest of the day crocheting, reading, watching rubbish TV and sleeping quite a lot.  

Today is more exciting.  Those of you reading who are old FirstClass/OU contacts may remember Sonja.  Well, she's coming to spend the night here and we're having a Christmas Dinner this evening.  I haven't seen Sonja for years and I'm so looking forward to a good old catch up.

All is ready apart from the meal prep so I will do that this morning and then chill (hoping that's not Famous Last Words).

I think it is about time I started some Christmas carols so here is the lovely old 'Away in a Manger' from the Choir of Kings College, Cambridge.


8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your catch up and the company of your OU friend . As usual the carols are brilliant really really love listening to your choices . Have a great day Jane XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely time with your friend. Christmas is such a cosy time for sharing friendship.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a lovely time with your friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful visit with your friend Sonja.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marjorie. It's been really good. xx

      Delete