Monday 19 December 2022

Monday: Blogmas day 19

 Morning, everyone.  It's extremely mild this morning and, as far as I can tell pre dawn, the snow and ice have pretty much gone so the roads will be reliable again.  Phew.  None of the forecasts seem to think that we will get any more very cold weather in the next week and, much as I like the idea of a white Christmas, I am glad.

I've just picked up a tip that makes me feel very silly - well, not silly exactly, more why-didn't-I-think-of-that-ish.  If the condensate pipe plays up in the future, I won't bother with boiling kettles, etc, I will just get my hair dryer on an extension cable and . . .  there you go!  So much better!  Doh!

Sonja departed after coffee and got back safely - she was just ahead of some pouring rain but the roads were fine, she said.  By the time she left, the temperature was touching zero and by later afternoon it was in positive numbers - the end of this particular freeze was in sight

To my great relief, I was able to unlock the garage and get what I needed.  I was a bit worried in case the security thing at the bottom had actually broken but it really was just frozen.  However, I had already arranged with the girls to be Santa today rather than yesterday because I was a bit concerned in case the rain was freezing on the roads.  It would probably have been OK but all of us live down side roads, three on slopes that remained pretty icy, and I was just being a bit over cautious.

The other nice thing I did was bake some bread.  I haven't made that much recently but I just fancied some nice, home made wholemeal bread so I brought Thermione into use, found the Cookidoo recipe I like and now I have a delicious, sliced loaf to pop in the freezer for the coming days.  I didn't take a photo of it but here's the Christmas sandwich I made for my evening meal - turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce - and all home made (apart from the turkey).

The wine I was expecting didn't arrive yesterday so goodness knows when it will arrive.  It had better be here by Thursday, that's all I can say!

Moving on to today, it's busy this morning.
I want to do an early morning Christmas shop using M&S and then over to Aldi.  That should sort out the great majority of what I need/want.
Then I will be playing Santa, picking up and giving out the gifts prior to out online girls' chat this evening - I'm so looking forward to that.
And finally, it's circuits at Lindsey's studio.
The afternoon calms down a bit so that's when I will do some ironing and general houseworky stuff.

It's all go!


Today's Christmas music is on the theme of love.

Love Came Down at Christmas, performed by John Rutter's choir, the Cambridge Singers


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz6p6soxIVk&list=PLjBnYixEZmRe_hFFjGJ5Sg1tUJw8jwNLA&index=15

and Love Came Down, written and performed by Pete and Nicki Sims, two local church leaders and fine composer/musicians of their genre (modern worship).


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvQkzYLHXO4&list=PLjBnYixEZmRe_hFFjGJ5Sg1tUJw8jwNLA&index=25


10 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to start my day today Joy with Love Came Down. I have not heard that before, very beautiful. Thank you.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is rather lovely, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely music
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison - I love them both but I think Love Came down is just beautiful. xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely music, and gosh as usual you sound so busy. There are so many things just not arriving on time aren't there, but I'm just not stressing about it at all, there's nothing I can do anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has been a busy morning but this afternoon has been much more restful and our girls' chat will be great this evening. xx

      Delete
  4. You sound busy today, but a nice sort of busy. Hope you have a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gone really well so far, thanks, Eileen. The same to you. xx

      Delete
  5. My mam shops at Aldi every week. She picked up a few treats last week from M & S though to put in her freezer for over Christmas. Love your header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for her. I do like Aldi but their fruit and veg isn't as good as M&S, nor does it last as long. It's great that the two shops are just a walk across the car park!
      Thank you. xx

      Delete