Friday 23 December 2022

Friday: Blogmas day 23

 Good morning, everyone.  
I've not looked out yet but Beeb summarises it as 'heavy rain and a moderate breeze' round here.  In other words, thoroughly nasty and a day to stay warm indoors and count your blessings.

That I can do.  I have enough in to feed the entire cul de sac after yesterday's shop.  As always, there are several bits and bobs in the freezer that, really, I didn't need to get, and I have an abundance of cheese, but Beth can have some and none will be wasted.

There was a bit of a panic yesterday afternoon when some money I had sent electronically seemed to have gone astray but it hadn't, it was all fine.

I searched for, and found, a set of double pointed needles in the size needed to start a pair of mittens.  The pattern really does look remarkably easy once you take away the colour patterning faffiness.  I'm starting with blue - solid blue cuffs and self patterning blues for the main body of the mitten.  I'll take a photo once I've made one.

Then, come the evening, I laid out a buffet, the family arrived and we had a really lovely evening - well, I did, for sure, and I have to believe they did too.  Lots of food and drink, chat and laughter.

Today, Dave and Anna are off to Anna's family for Christmas although Dave has to work half the day first.  Beth and Alex are doing their own thing and I have just one scheduled thing and that is a 'Weigh and go' session at Slimming World.
Not that I'm weighing - I'm not, not after last night, but I'm helping to weigh anyone who dares turn up.  I doubt it there be many.  I also want to pick up the new magazine - always a good read and it's not one that Readly covers.

Once home from that, I have a day of laziness planned.  I have several recorded programmes to watch, some crochet, some knitting, a bit of cooking and a lot of reading.  Nice.
I may not have had much luck with wine but at least the turkey is on its way.  I got notification last night that it was loaded and ready to go!  Christmas really has begun when the turkey arrives!

Today it's two well loved carols that take an awful lot of puff to sing . . .

Ding, Dong, Merrily on High . . . 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWgXwNsmn0&list=PLjBnYixEZmRcq0fVXKYriOP291zon52Rt&index=1


. . . and 'Angels From the Realms of Glory' . . .


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17TqZQ9ldlk&t=30s

. . . both sung by the choir of Kings' College, Cambridge - of course!
Are you looking forward to the Carols from Kings programme tomorrow.  I am!  

14 comments:

  1. have you seen this one?
    https://www.facebook.com/ClassicFM/videos/the-best-version-of-the-twelve-days-of-christmas-youll-ever-hear/2611058965676702/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't - I will look it up, thank you. xx

      Delete
  2. I picked up our meat order from the butcher this morning - it includes a turkey crown.
    I've been to Morrisons for a couple of ( probably unnecessary!) bits - anyway that's no more supermarket shopping for me for a while - hurrah!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a relief, isn't it. My turkey came too. xx

      Delete
  3. It's definitely heavy rain here. The other end of the village has flooded and the flood gates have been closed to block the roads to traffic. I'm glad I have all the shopping in, too much and I'll be eating leftovers for weeks probably!

    I'm glad you enjoyed your family evening together and hope you have a lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love leftovers. One of the nicest things about doing Christmas myself is the leftovers. It's great fun!

      The rain cleared up here late morning and we had some sunshine. Nice and cheering! xx

      Delete
  4. Very wet here in Suffolk - and half dark all day.
    Hope your wine arrives sometime - how annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It brightened up pm here but the morning was so dull and dismal, it really was dark.
      Me too - it's a nuisance - first world nuisance, I know! xx

      Delete
  5. It was very fresh this morning with a chilly breeze and then we got home and the heavens opened, we have had a very good day with our timings today thank goodness. Mavis is currently watching the Trolls movie on television while I'm on the computer, I think I'll go and join her there in a few minutes ... but I may find something else to watch, I'm sure she won't mind!!

    Lovely music, you've spoilt us throughout December. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all sounds lovely - calm and gentle and peaceful. Perfect. xx

      Delete
  6. Snowing like heck here in Southern Ontario, so a white Christmas for us! Love the choir singing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right in the middle of your weather bomb, aren't you. Take care and I hope it's not too bad.
      Lovely to have a white Christmas though. xx

      Delete
  7. Hope you enjoyed your quiet day and have a wonderful time with family on Sunday. Thanks for all the Christmas carols. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. Things are all ticking over nicely! xx

      Delete