Wednesday 3 August 2022

Wednesday

 Today's garden happy - the geranium.  I know it doesn't look anything special but this was glorious through June and then, with the very hot weather, it pretty much curled up and died - all the leaves turned brown.  I cut it right back almost to the soil, mainly because I couldn't bear looking at it, and look - fresh leafage.  Now I am wondering if I will get some more flowers too.  Fingers crossed.


Morning, everyone.  Sorry this is late - I'm afraid I got stuck into the crochet and ten minutes later two hours had passed!!
It's warm again today but there's a breeze and it's quite dull.  Yesterday did indeed got to almost 30C in the shade, despite only intermittent sunshine, and it was pretty humid too.

Lindsey is holding all her hall based classes in her own studio during August with an online 'presence' for those who have to stay home (e.g. looking after the children).  I went over to hers which is further than to the usual hall and forgot to leave more time so I was almost late - not usual for me.
There were five of us there which was a nice number.

When I got home I pottered really, doing the housework and then settling down to get on with that blanket.  It's growing quite quickly but the stitches are getting harder and I am finding that I need to undo once or twice before I catch on to what is required.
This is not a pattern for a beginner!

Today, the lovely Sharon is coming to sort out my hair and then I'm off to Lindsey's for personal training.  The rest is home time so that means the usual - a bit of gardening, a bit of housework and, probably, a lot of crafting!

Have a great day, one and all.  Stay safe and well.  xx  


12 comments:

  1. Do you go for exercise (of one sort or another) every day, Joy? That takes some dedication, well done. My hair needs cutting again but unfortunately my lovely hairdresser neighbour has her son, partner and grandchildren coming to stay for a week or 2, so it will have to wait. I'll chop a bit off my fringe if it gets too annoying. Enjoy the crafting! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not every day. I try to do five a week but only three of them are Lindsey-based. Swimming counts for the other two and there's always bits and bobs like a few squats while I'm waiting for the kettle to boil . . etc. I've got into the habit.
      What a pain about your hairdresser - but I bet she has a lovely time. xx

      Delete
  2. Wish I could find a home hairdresser as I detest going to have my hair done in the salon. Our walk has been cancelled for this afternoon but I am going to put on my light raincoat and go and do it anyway. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - Sharon really is a treasure. Good for you, re the walk. xx

      Delete
  3. I know the feeling well of doing something for ten minutes and losing a couple of hours ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time certainly is not a constant. :-) xx

      Delete
  4. Wow, squats while the kettle is boiling - I admire your dedication, I'm usually feverishly ripping open a pack of digestives at that point!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Lindsey did a month challenge, a sort of sponsored thing. I just got into the habit. Sometimes it is pressups against the counter or walking lunges. I often feel like I am a serious contended for the Ministry of Silly Walks award!!! xx

      Delete
    2. I need to take a leaf out of your book and use my kitchen time as exercise time too.

      Delete
    3. That was her point. She said it's easy to just waste kitchen time and it is ideal to keep the movements up without really trying too hard. xx

      Delete
  5. Lucky you to have a lady that is willing to come in and do your hair.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. She's been coming for years now and I dread the day when she says she will retire. She is fantastic. xx

      Delete