Monday 29 August 2022

Monday, 29-08-22

 Good morning, everyone.  It looks quite dull out there at the moment but he forecast is OK so let's live in hope.

Yesterday was good, especially the evening when Beth came round and we went out to Itsu to eat.  It's nothing special as a place, just a neat, automated ordering 'fast food' place but that fast food was gorgeous, it really was.  I will definitely be going back there.

Beth had a veggie sushi platter which was huge!  I definitely want to try that at some point.
I had chicken'low (whatever that means) which was a mixture of chicken, edamame beans (I love edamame beans) and various raw vegetables and seeds in a non-oily dressing.  Just my thing and so filling.

We shared what was called a 'detox carafe' which was just lemon, mint and cucumber in a carafe with water and it was so lovely and refreshing.

I will be back there soon - they do takeaway too and I can combine it with a trip to Hobbycraft which is on the same precinct.  I'd like to work my way through much of the menu!
When we got home, I mixed up a jug of not-Pimms which we drank our way through as we laughed ourselves silly over some old Morecambe and Wise Christmas Specials, including the 'all the right notes' sketch.
It's a wonder how hysterically funny it still is, even when I know it almost back to front.  A testimony to their comic genius.


Annoyingly, I slept very badly so today will need to include several shut-eyes, I expect.  Even after a bad night's sleep, I still wake up at around the same time.  Beth's still fast asleep (I hope).


Today has nothing planned whatsoever.  After Beth has gone home, I will see what's on the telly (probably nothing but Bank Holiday repeats) and chill.  I might go for a nice walk somewhere, I'll see how I feel.
Have a good day, everyone.  Are you doing anything Bank-Holiday-ish?  Whatever your plans, have a great time.  xx




18 comments:

  1. Mornin' Joy. A bad night's sleep for me too but my own fault as I overdid the carbs and the naughty Aldi chocolate Belgian cheesecake. That jug of not Pimms looks so pretty. Every bit as nice as the full blown Pimms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly can't put it down to that!! :-)

      It's a very nice drink, that not-Pimms. So was the flavoured water and so very easy to do as well.

      Take it easy today and catch up on the missed sleep! xx

      Delete
  2. Hope you catch up on sleep today .
    Another blue sky day by the looks of it already

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still cloudy here and pretty cool and breezy but that's OK - it may clear up a bit later on. Have a lovely day. xx

      Delete
  3. No Bank Holiday today in Scotland so business as usual. Chairing a short conference about Men’s Sheds this morning so big girl pants on!!Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with that - I hope it's gone/going really well. xx

      Delete
  4. Your not-Pimms looks very refreshing Joy. I hope today is a relaxing one and you can just potter and snooze when you feel like it. I love the scent of candles in the house and there are so many to choose from. My son's partner made some last year for us which was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is refreshing, it's such a nice drink.
      How lovely to have some hand made candles. I don't think I know anyone round here who makes them. xx

      Delete
  5. I hope you've been able to catch up on your sleep today.

    The Itsu meals look very good and it's always nice to see that the actual meal match the standard shown in their photographs. Was it reasonably priced, if you don't mind saying please?

    I love the Morecambe and Wise sketches. Did you watch 'fork handles'? I think that's my favourite, closely followed by 'playing all the notes but not necessarily in the right order'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't shockingly costly and, I would say, good value for how much I got. It would be cheaper if you got it as a take away and I might very well do that next time I am over there.
      We didn't get to the fork handles sketch. I agree, that is a brilliant one too.

      I'm replying at around nine o'clock p.m. and fighting to stay awake so I am sure I will sleep like a log tonight. I had a bit of a snooze earlier but not much. How about you?

      xx

      Delete
    2. I'm feeling much better now thanks. I've slept on and off all day and am ready for my bed soon. Hope you have a good night's sleep. xx

      Delete
    3. I did thanks, and the same back to you. xx

      Delete
  6. I too love edamame and add it to salads often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great, aren't they? I love the flavour and the texture too. Good food! xx

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a really lovely time. The meals look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious, it really was. Can't wait to go back and try another one. xx

      Delete
  8. Our holiday comes next week and our youngest son will hopefully be home for a visit.

    Your meal looks and sounds amazing.

    Today was spent doing the regular Monday tasks and processing the garden.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely for you. Have a wonderful time with him. Doing anything special while he's there? xx

      Delete