Wednesday 10 August 2022

Wednesday

 Today's garden happy - my little cyclamen that Mum gave me is coming up in the middle bed.  I'm sure I don't normally see it until September.


Good morning, everyone.  It was really quite hot yesterday, once the mist had burnt off.  A day for fans and staying inside, if possible.  Today is more of the same and there's another extreme weather warning out for the coming weekend.  Phew.

Groove yesterday was OK - I did go easy on any movements that required twisting the hip and I had no problems, nor did it ache afterwards in any particular way.  I'm very glad I gave it a go.
It'll be interesting to see how circuits goes today.

I made the strawberry jam and it is now in little 10cm tall (roughly) jam jars.  I plan to take four of them with me on Saturday so everyone can have their own little pot and any not consumed can be taken home with them.  Cute.
The amount made filled five little pots so I think I will take it to Lindsey to say thank you for being so flexible with the fitness classes over this last week.  She really is a star.

The blanket is progressing - I'm on the last rows of the edging now and it seems to be taking for ever really.  The pattern has made a decent sized baby blanket, suitable for a middle-sized cot.  It shouldn't be too tricky to reduce it down - one would have to adapt the edges of each strip a bit because the numbers wouldn't work as well, but it's do-able.  I'm quite looking forward to starting the 'proper' one now I've made all my mistakes (touch wood) on the practise blanket.

I did enjoy the Tunisian crochet, once I managed to do the stitches properly so I have ordered a basic 'simple' book from Amazon.  It's great fun getting all the stitches on the hook and then off again.  It feels quicker, somehow, although that's just the basic stitch.  I bet the more complicated stitches are slower.
Do any of you do this kind of crochet?  What do you think of it?

Today starts with circuits at Lindsey's, changed from the Monday session this week and then the day is my own - again.  I'm being remarkably lazy at the moment and the rest of the week looks to be pretty similar although I do have Dave and Anna round on Friday evening - if it's not too hot.

Well, the coffee mug is empty and needs refilling and I have my Facebook duties so I'm better close this and get going.  Have a really happy day, everyone, and stay cool.  xx

12 comments:

  1. I have a whole set of Tunisian hooks, which are languishing in the cupboard never to be used again. You are very welcome to them ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Are you sure? That would be great - except - who are you? :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Drat, I'm sorry, only me!! Keep forgetting to change the heading before I reply. And yes, you'd be doing me a favour, I didn't get on with them but didn't want to just chuck them either. They'll be in the post shortly. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!
      Thank you so very much, that's great, but you must let me at least pay for the postage, please.
      Do you have my address?
      xx

      Delete
  3. Mornin' Joy. Another scorcher here so I went out and gave the garden a good water first thing this morning. Thankfully we aren't on a ban yet and we have had a decent drop of rain or two these past few weeks so everything is chugging along nicely. How is your garden looking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, dry. I'm keeping the pots watered, and the corn, but the front is just having to cope. I'm glad to have a couple of watering cans - one filling and one pouring!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Pretty little flower. Glad it is thriving despite the heat. It's been warm here but we have had rain (downpours in fact) so things are a little greener than normal. The grass is beginning to turn brown but it usually does at this time of year as we don't water it. Nothing close to the grass in England!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very pretty. The flowers always come first, then they are overtaken by the leaves. It just seems a bit early.
      Our grass is also brown right now after weeks of no rain. Grass is very resilient though, isn't it? A good downpour and within a day the new green growth is emerging.
      xx

      Delete
  5. There was a cool breeze here most of the day. I have kept busy doing my projects, but can't understand why I will have to retrace one pattern again. They seem to wear off. But at least when I do the center portion I will know to trace them one at a time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cool breeze sounds wonderful.
      How frustrating about the pattern but I guess that is how we learn! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. The jam sounds delicious. I took a Tunisian crochet class. I liked the honeycomb stitch. It's very pretty. TC uses a lot of yarn; the blankets are very warm, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love home made jam. Gorgeous.
      I saw a YouTube video on the honeycomb stitch the other day while I was looking for a basic stitch clip. It does indeed look very pretty.
      If one used cotton yarn, one could make a good dishcloth with TC, I think. It's nice and substantial.
      I might give that a go - make something useful.
      xx

      Delete