Tuesday 30 August 2022

Tuesday

 Good morning, everyone.  It's a fine, pleasant morning with bits of sunshine and a gentle breeze; I'd be happy if it stayed like that all day.  Earlier this morning, it felt cold, cold enough to stop me dropping off again, so I turned on the electric blanket and warmed up, going back to sleep and not waking until nearly seven which is as good as  lie in for me.  Very welcome indeed.
I've decided that next bedding change I will swap over my quilts so I'm using the thicker one again.  It's silly to wake up cold when I don't need to.  And if that doesn't work, out will come one of the fleeces/crocheted blankets.  That will sort it out.

And then we will have a heatwave, of course!!

Yesterday morning was so lovely.  Beth emerged just as I was making my own breakfast so I made some for her too and then we just sat and talked and talked and talked.  

She told me all about her plans for four days in London over half term with some friends and I told her about my holiday plans for this year and next.  We both agreed that a holiday at Center Parcs, for the three of us, was just what the doctor ordered at some point next year so I must start thinking about dates for that.  We discussed Chr*stm*s and what we could give each other and all that sort of stuff, set the date for Christmas Tree Day this year, whether I would do turkey or something else (depends on who is here on The Day) and all that sort of stuff . . . and it was fun.

After she had gone home, I did some tidying and then - guess what - just pottered.  I got some exercise done, thought about a few meals ongoing, read, knitted and watched telly.

A very pleasant Bank Holiday.

Today I'm off into town first thing.  I have a few bits and pieces to get and I fancy a bit of a look around.  That will be fun, I think.
Then it's home for breakfast before setting out again in the opposite direction to get a few groceries, etc.  I don't have a very big list but there are a few things I need and I might get a few shelf stable items for winter, in case - as quite a number of people are doing at the moment.  After all, they won't go to waste, will they?

It will be nice to get out and about a bit after a couple of pretty quiet weeks.

Have a safe and happy day, everyone.  xx

14 comments:

  1. Our local garden centre was working on its Christmas display yesterday and we are looking forward to seeing the big reveal. It'll be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Oh, goodness. Mind you, most places do keep adding to their Christmas stock and the months pass so it's always changing. I'm looking forward very much to some trips to various garden centres in the coming months! x

      Delete
  2. I think it is forecast to be lovely all day today ... some cloud drifting in at around 5pm maybe . Have a lovely day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beautiful this morning but cloudy now at around three thirty. No complaints, it is still nice. xx

      Delete
  3. I woke early feeling cold as well. It's a nice day but a chilly breeze so am wearing a cardigan for the first time in ages.

    I haven't given much thought to Christmas yet, except for my Twelve Days gifts, but have started thinking about my holidays for next year. A Centre Parcs holiday for the three of you will be lovely and something to look forward to. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe pjs are in order rather than a nighty tonight too. :-)

      Delete
  4. Well it's the last day of August tomorrow, the children will all be back at schools ramping up to busy season for teachers with Christmas on the horizon. I have seen the first few dribbles of Christmas things in the shops already but I'm trying to avert my eyes and concentrate on Summer for just a little bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met an ex TA colleague in John Lewis and she said they are back on Monday - that means teaching staff are in on Friday, most likely, maybe Thursday too, for INSETs. Bless them. xx

      Delete
  5. I’ve started planning my makes for Christmas but mojo seems to have gone AWOL. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll return. Give it time to recover from the summer holidays! ;-) xx

      Delete
  6. Hard to believe it is almost September and time to think about shelf staples for winter! So glad you had an enjoyable time talking and planning with Beth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is simply flying away with us, isn't it? What with all the rather horrific price rises, etc, I think it is only prudent to stock up ahead of time really - and be thankful that I can. xx

      Delete
  7. How wonderful that you are making holiday plans already. Way ahead on discussing Christmas as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, as well as pandering to my need to be forward organised, it is good fun too. Very enjoyable. xx

      Delete