Thursday 18 August 2022

Thursday

 Good morning, everyone.  For the first time in forever, I have no photos today - I just didn't take any relevant ones yesterday and it is still dark at the moment.

We certainly had some rain yesterday.  All day I was expecting it to start but it held off until just before I set off for personal training (wouldn't you know!!) and then it just poured.  It was a bit thundery too.  Very refreshing.  Nowhere near as much as needed though and Beeb has changed the forecast so no more is predicted, sadly.  Hopefully, other places have had a lot more.

I got a fair bit of tidying up, etc, done yesterday which was satisfying, as well as some knitting.  No photo though - half a sock isn't remotely interesting < grin >.

Personal training was great.  Lindsey really works me and I always end up feeling fantastic.  The cooling effect of the rain also helped a lot.

Today the car goes in for its MOT and a major service.  A bit ouchy but needs must and they are good at picking it up and bringing it back afterwards.  I cleared all the bits and bobs out of the car (shopping bags, etc) so it is all ready for them to take.

Chris is coming over here for our coffee and chat so I am in when they come.  They may come earlier but can't guarantee that.  Chris, bless her, after plying me with cooking apples from her tree earlier in the week, is bringing over some plums from her mum's tree today.  I love plums!

The only other thing I have to do today is making some food - our SW meeting tomorrow is a taster session and, as it is a morning meeting, it has to be made the day before.

Apart from that, it's the usual knitting, etc.  Really, just a nice, normal day with lots of nice, pleasant little things.  Perfect.
Have a great day and enjoy everything you do.  Take care.  xx

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your car MOT-mine went through no bother and it’s 7 years old-fingers crossed. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it should be absolutely fine. I haven't been having any problems with it, just a couple of niggles. It's about eight or nine years old, I can't quite remember. xx

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed for the MOT and that nothing unexpected is found during the service.

    It sound like you have a pleasant day planned so I hope it all works out and you have a good time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going very nicely so far, thanks, Eileen. xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it was a relaxing day. I hope the car came back from the service without any problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pleasant, thanks. Yes, it did, there were no issues. xx

      Delete