Wednesday 24 August 2022

Wednesday

 Today's garden happy - it's pepper pickin' day!  Yay!

Good morning, everyone.  After a funny old day yesterday when we had cloud, a bit of drizzle, sunshine and bouts of humidity, we are predicted quite a lot of sun today but some rain tomorrow.  I do hope they're right - we so need some more rain.  It feels quite humid already so I guess the fans will earn their space during the day

Groove yesterday morning was brilliant.  The hip was no trouble and I felt extremely energetic during and great afterwards.  None next week as Lindsey is off on a well deserved holiday to Turkey.

The rest of the day passed as days usually do and in the evening I set off to J and Hs for our girls' meal together.  Beth wasn't well so couldn't come which is a great shame and we missed her.  The fish and chips were delicious and the chatter was just perfect.  Lots of laughing and sharing.
That's it until October now - September is complicated by holidays.  

Today, I want to spend some time tidying up the garden a little bit.  It is brown bin collection tomorrow which is useful.  There are a few tomato plants that are all cropped out now, one of the cucumbers could come out and there are fallen leaves to sweep up.  The leaves can go in the compost bit I don't compost the tomato plants in case they are harbouring blight or anything.
I'll be very glad if I get that done and dusted.

The only thing in the diary today is personal training.  I hope it's not too humid by then although Lindsey's studio is quite cool and, with both window and door open, there's usually a lovely, fresh breeze blowing through.

Not a very exciting day today (are they ever???) but it should be satisfying.  Have a great day yourself and stay cool!  xx

18 comments:

  1. Wow those peppers really have come on well. . Who knows what the weather will bring today.Like you, it started quite overcast yesterday with a bit of drizzle but ended up a scorcher . We really need some rain . Good to hear that groove went well.
    Sorry to hear that Beth's feeling poorly and couldn't make the meal .do hope she is feeling better soon.
    How's that kitten of hers doing?
    Hope you enjoy the rest of your day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're quite small but they seem sound and I hope they taste great. :-)

      Peter is doing really well, thanks. I'll try and remember to do an update soon. xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a very satisfactory day all round. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that Beth is poorly and had to miss the meal. It sounds like you had a lovely time. Also good to hear that your hip has settled down again so you were able to do Groove and hopefully your personal training session today. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely was able - it was good. Thanks, Eileen. xx

      Delete
  4. I could have used one of those peppers earlier, they look great. Were they difficult to grow?
    I'm sorry Beth missed the meal. I hope she's feeling better now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I bought the plant from Aldi as it looked quite healthy and had babies. Then I just watered it and fed it now and again. No trouble at all.
      However, it's the first time I have ever successfully grown peppers. They have always gone bad on me before. xx

      Delete
  5. Those red peppers are gorgeous! I bet they will taste delicious. I didn't realize you could grow them so well in pots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are rather nice - quite sweet. I think maybe I just got lucky with this one and it has been an unusually hot and sunny summer. xx

      Delete
  6. I think you seem to have lots of exciting days so it's OK to have the occasional quieter one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a quieter couple of weeks but I am happy with that - they balance the busier days very nicely. xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely peppers. Such a lovely red.

    I hope Beth feels better very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind, Jackie. She is picking up again now, thankfully. xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely looking peppers. Do you have plans for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > Yup! Eat them!!!
      Seriously, they are pretty small so they will go in salads and my cooked meals.
      There's not enough for preserves really xx

      Delete
  9. Oooh, you did well on the peppers! I grew them for the past 2 years but the amount of effort for how many I got wasn't worth it so I didn't bother this year! Maybe next....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually. If I hadn't seen that plant outside Aldi looking unusually healthy (especially for Aldi!), I wouldn't have bothered. xx

      Delete