Saturday 6 August 2022

Saturday

 Today's garden happy - the mint.  It was definitely the right way to go, wasn't it?


Good morning, everyone.  Boring as it is starting to sound, after a gloriously summery day yesterday, it looks as if today is going the same way.
A good sheet drying day which is great because that's one of the first things on today's agenda!

This week has been a pretty quiet week and yesterday was no exception.

First on the list was Slimming World.  I had a good loss (cheers) and the whole thing was great fun.  Lots of helpful hints and lots of laughter.  With my new hearing aids, I really can hear much more of what people say which is lovely.  It means I can participate much more.

Then I came home and got the household stuff done - tidying, washing, cleaning round the kitchen (I do that anyway, cleaner day or no cleaner day!) - before settling down to crochet again.  

It was a row of 3D granny squares and I really like this - it was fiddly but not hard.  The joining to the cable section was harder and I tried several different ways before deciding on how I want it.  As a result, the first two are joined in different ways to the rest but, dear me, life has its little imperfections, doesn't it.  😇

Today's challenge is a row of Tunisian crochet.  I've heard of it but never actually done it - I gather it is a cross between crochet and knitting where you hold multiple stitches on your hook one way and crochet them off the other way.
Real Tunisian crochet hooks are long and can have bendy cables on the end.  The squares on the quilt are just seven stitches wide so can be done on an ordinary hook.  


Apart from the washing and ironing mentioned above, the other thing in the diary is that a couple of friends are coming over for dinner.  I have it all planned so prepping won't take long, but it's going to be lovely, I am sure.

I'd better got going - I've had a comparatively late start today so mustn't be too lazy.  Have a really lovely day and stay safe.  xx


6 comments:

  1. I slept in until 9 30am this morning and feel totally discombobulated! I have spent the morning practising with some festive dies that I was given-half are in the bin as they are no use and I am wary that they will damage my cutting machine. Hot here today so I will be doing my steps gradually. Happy weekend. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very wise not to use the dies if you don't think they are good.
      I hope it hasn't been too hot for you. xx

      Delete
  2. Your mint is beautiful and so easy to grow. Back when I was growing up and would cut my neighbors lawn, she had a patch of mint that would grow into the lawn, so it had to be mowed where is was growing in the lawn and it would fill the air with the smell of mint. It was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely. It is a gorgeous aroma, I agree,
      xx

      Delete
  3. The mint is certainly happy. :) And good news on the weight loss.

    Will be having my first hearing test with an audiologist next Tuesday. I am aware that I am missing things as I'm having to ask people to repeat comments a bit too often. Aids aren't covered by any insurance here and almost all are sold exclusively through an audiologist...and they are extremely expensive--even for the ugly ones. :) It will be a learning curve if it is decided I need them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary.
      Mine are private aids too - I had some NHS ones many moons ago and they really weren't great. If you can manage it, I would say don't go for the most basic ones.
      xx

      Delete